“cozy warm”

Cartouche
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed November 27, 2012

what a lovely place. Its in a cellar... big fire in grate.... candles every where... I was with my friend ....Can imagine it to be a quite romantic place, great food.....

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband ordered roast duck with a side of dumplings and rosemary sauce. The duck was perfectly cooked and the sauce blended excellently with it. The dumplings were also tasty: they were like slices of stuffing. I ordered the beef ghoulash in a bread bowl. The base of the stew was good but the beef was not tender. The bread was delishes. I would go back but order something different than the ghoulash.

It appears that all the meats are grilled on hot coals in this huge fireplace/stove. The atmosphere of the restaurant was medieval, which made the dining experience fun. The wait staff was professional and polite. I definitely would recommend that people give this place a try.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I enjoyed very much the atmosphere of this restaurant located in a cellar. We think to be some centuries earlier. The staff was really nice and the food was good.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We took skewers and the meat was tender and appropriately cooked. we had to chang our place since there was a draft coming from the outside door and they did all the moving! We sat near the chimney and the atmosphere was just great. Not gastronomical but very good. Service was perfect

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We booked this restaurant on the recommendation of the hotel that we were staying at. It's a beautiful medieval building that had a wonderful atmosphere. However, after our starter we had to wait well over an hour for the main course and the food was nice but not worth the prices, which were expensive.