“Best Hostel in Praha! :D”
Review of Hostel Downtown

Hostel Downtown
Ranked #6 of 691 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The atmosphere from the hostel is really nice!
The rooms are big and clean, they have washing machine, nice breakfast and a incredible guide: Kristian! He always offer something different at night: castle tour, segway tour, he prepare typical meals for dinner! He makes all the difference there! :)
The hostel is very good located: near metro, Tesco, Main attractions!
I recommend for all my friends to stay there!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everything started with the great smile and service of Petra. The rooms are very nice, good beds and a very nice size locker. The common areas are amazing, comfortable and they look great. Showers are clean and big. Location is 10 points.

One bad thing? Jazmin and her lack of sense of service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
downtownprague, Manager at Hostel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Hello AniArie,
thank you for your review... I spoke to Jasmína and she told me about the situation. We had some problem with one reservation and when she was phoning, se spoke with me and asking me for solving the problem. We also changed the phone, cause the old was very bad, we were not able to hear nearly anything.

Have a great time,
Jana
HM

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend and I came to Prague in the middle of September and couldn't be more pleased with our stay! Not only were the rooms and bathrooms immaculate, but there were free hair driers in the bathroom! (Something a girl with long hair was very thankful for) The bathrooms also had very cool tiles, they were very bright (orange, yellow, and white) with a 3D Tetris pattern.
Besides the bathrooms, the location was perfect and made it unnecessary to buy public transportation for it was about a mile (max) from anything we wanted to see! There was also free wifi access anywhere in the hostel, which made things very convenient!
However, what really made our stay great was Kristian! His tours and other nightly activities gave us a chance to interact with others staying in the hostel, learn a bit about Czech history and culture, and delivered it in a sarcastic manor that every tour guide should have! I was actually sad to leave after two days!

Please note that when we arrived in Prague, there was a prohibition going on, and the fact that we had such a great time in a party city without any hard alcohol should say something!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Kfogarty412
Reviewed September 28, 2012

In general terms, the hostel was very good. Clean, good located, good installations, and great workers (Blanca an Petra are the best), except for Yazmín who was VERY unpleasant, insolent and bad educated.
I was trying to buy a bottle of water, she was talking with someone so I waited. Then, the telephone ringed and she answer (I was with the Spanish guide talking) and she said "shhh" (silence to us) and then she sold a bottle of something to someone else and when I tried to buy, she said "go to the supermarket and buy it there I´m not going to sell to you". I still don´t understand her but she was the "black point" of Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Javier E
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed in an 8 bed dorm for 1 night, with my partner, and as we arrived to the hostel late we had the last pick of the beds meaning we were left with the beds which were located next to the entrance door of the dorm. The dorm was clean but overall average in terms of space and comfort. The location of the hostel was very good as it was only around a 10minute walk from the old town square. Our only complaint is that the front door of the hostel is tricky to open!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Has be a great place to stay as a solo traveller or with friends. Lots of activities avalible and also just very close to all the main attractions. The place is clean and open with a kitchen and common area as well as spacious rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hostel was so unique. I was travelling round Europe with a friend, and our best experience was definitely here. The staff were so welcoming, it was very easy to meet new people, the dormitory we were in (for 9 people) was spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms were really clean, the communal kitchen and lounge area (with a piano) were lovely, the location was perfect, there were computers to use for free, and the organised activities were really fun. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends