Hostel Downtown
Elite Hotel(Prague)
Hotel Adler(Prague)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,304 results
All reviewsbeer tastingwalking tourgil contifree walkingfree activitiespub crawlbeer pongfree dinnercommon roomprivate bathroomspecial thankscommon areasold townwalking distancethe location is perfectcharles bridgeprague castle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hostel was so unique. I was travelling round Europe with a friend, and our best experience was definitely here. The staff were so welcoming, it was very easy to meet new people, the dormitory we were in (for 9 people) was spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms were really clean, the communal kitchen and lounge area (with a piano) were lovely, the location was perfect, there were computers to use for free, and the organised activities were really fun. I'd definitely recommend it!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Hostel downtown for 3 nights in June. We loved every minute of it! we were in an all girls dorm, each bed had its on power outlet, showers were cleaned every morning, breakfast was for 3€ in the morning but we got scrambled eggs and cereal and fruit. Wifi worked in our rooms fine aswell as the computers that were available for general use. The activities board was always full of exciting thins to do especially the free tours with the Great Kristian! We loved his tours, not only were they informative but you will be guaranteed to leave very happy and with only smiles and laughs. my highlight was Czech garlic soup night which was delicious. Staff is extremely helpful and there is someone at the desk 24/7. The hostel has a warm homely feel to it and I will recommend it to everyone. It definitely made our trip to Prague a most unforgettable one and we already want to go back! Katherine and Sarah - Australia

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had an amazing experience at this hostel. The staff was super nice and friendly, and the planned activities were really fun and made it easier to meet others. The layout of the main floor of hostel is very conducive to meeting people as well. The beds are pretty comfortable and clean, and the location really can't be better! Breakfast is mediocre. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone else and I will be returning!

Room Tip: Some rooms are nearer to the street and can get pretty noisy in the morning because of it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hostel Downton was excellent value for money and I would 100% recommend it to people heading to Prague for a budget weekend.

I stayed there with 4 others in a room with private bathroom. The shower etc was clean and we always had hot water as well as a clean and really spacious room. We were all very surprised at this it being a hostel.

They did a cheap brekkie which set us up for the day and are in a central location so you can walk to all the bars and tourist hotspots.

Friendly staff and some good offerings if you are looking to do organsied trips etc, Hostel Downtown was perfect!

Room Tip: We opted for the 5 - room with private bathroom. Some of the bigger rooms have bunkbeds (more typical hostel style) whereas our room was all singles and very spacious.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've stayed here with friends for six nights and I was very content. We've stayed in a mixed dorm for two nights and the other nights we slept in a triple room with private bathroom. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was really friendly and helpful. There is a great common room including a kitchen, which you can use at any time. The rooms are not very expensive and certainly worth your money.
They organize several activities, like an evening-tour to the castle and cooking typical Czech meals (which you can eat for free, by the way, if you help preparing them). Kristian, the living legend, is in charge of these activities, which makes them even more fantastic.
Last but not least, there is an elevator, for the people who need to transport their lugage to a higher floor.
I had a terrific time there and I would recommend this hostel to everyone who's planning to visit Prague!

Room Tip: Private rooms are on I higher floor, I believe, and they're fairly quiet. The mixed dorm I stayed was a little noisy, but I didn't really mind.