“Good lunch ”

Ranked #434 of 5,506 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Original Mexican food and drinks in the heart of Prague, with a unique enviroment for all ages, family and friends.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good lunch ”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped there on suggestion of the loneley planet and we a good quick lunch for a fair price.
Small menu, but food is good.
We risotto and spaghetti with mussles. The risotto was the best.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Should be called Strange Strange”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A friend recommended this place to me, as we have similar taste I thought I would give this place a try.

The location was not difficult to find but a little hidden, to be honest without the recommendation I doubt we would have ventured this way.

The restaurant it self was downstairs with some of the strangest decor I've seen in my life. The place was filled with weird gremlins in strange positions inside old TV's.

On to the food itself, the menu wasn't really that diverse or traditional but I can't complain about the food itself. The quality was very good and the service was reasonable.

The price was a complete bargain for what we had (around 10 GBP a head) although we didn't drink alcohol.

Overall I'd say if your hotel is nearby definitely make this one of your nights out, we missed it but it's supposed to have a great drinking scene!

• Visited August 2012
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Bar Bar”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great place opposite the Kampa Hotel where we stayed. Nice atmosphere and some really nice wine. Unfortunately we didnt have time left to eat here but the menu looked delicious!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MAilliwN
Prague, Czech Republic
“Bar Bar with changed interior design”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was a shock for me to have entered BarBar a few weeks back and realize that the old stylish, unique interior has been completely changed. Now it's a boring bar with clean walls and clean floor and a clean white ceiling. Prices on the other hand have risen and the bar known for its vast choice of rare spirits has been replaced by a lame shelf with a fraction of that selection.

Staff is still friendly, I guess the food will remain great but I just can't visit a bar which I've been so frequently visiting over the past 10 years raped this way. Sorry.

• Visited November 2012
Everett, Washington
“Still local but quality and selection quality and atmosphere slipped”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

After eating at Barber twice 2 years ago we were anxious to return to the wonderful menu. We were surprised with the new decor which is very sparse and downgraded menu with almost no vegetarian choices. The food was bland and ordinary. It still seems to be a local place for people to meet but I won't return.

Call me disappointed.