“Absolutely great food and impeccable service”
Review of Da Clara

Da Clara
Ranked #438 of 5,498 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 10
Description: Osteria Da Clara is a small,cosy restaurant in a suburb of Prague but only 15 minutes from the centre by tram(22,4),bus(135)or car.We specialize in regional italian cuisine,notably tuscan where the chef/owner lived for a few years.You will find many well known tuscan dishes on the menu such as Crostini,Pappa al pomodoro,Ribollita,Pici,Tagliatelle al ragu,Peposo etc..but often there will be some dishes influenced from Sicily,Puglia,Lazio,favourites of the chef.Twice a week,fresh fish and seafood arrives from the adriatic,so you can savour Zuppa di Cozze,Spaghetti allo scoglio or whole sea bream/sea bass/umbrina roasted in the oven with herbs and fennel.Often fresh tuna is available and a few times a week freshly made pasta(ravioli/tagliatelle/pici)is on offer.Desserts are home made.Our wine list covers differant parts of Italy with a majority from the tuscan area.We try to offer a family,friendly service and atmosphere to our guests,our philosophy is for people to feel comfortable and at home,we gladly welcome children and accept dogs.We are currently closed on sundays,but possibly will open for lunch in the near future.If you want simple,good food made with passion,using quality ingredients and olive oil,plus very agreeable and affordable wines with in formal service Da Clara could be for you!
Prague, Czech Republic
“Absolutely great food and impeccable service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Da Clara was one of my real finds in Prague. It was recommended by a friend. I arranged a birthday party there and was totally surprised. The food was absolutely great. The Tuscan menu provided something for everyone's palate. The owner had plates of various starters prepared for us, This gave everyone an opportunity to try a few bites of a number of the restaurant's fabulous starters. The good was great but I was most impressed by the service which could not have been better. Our server was most attentive without hovering. She was very knowledgeable about the Italian wines they offered. I have been back a few times since the birthday party and it is always the same good food and service. This venue is small so reservations are recommended

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marshall J

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Italian experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been there only once, but the visit was very exciting and we will definitely come back again! The restaurant is very small, so a reservation is recommended. The interior is nothing special, but feels cozy and there really isn't anything bad I can say about it. I liked the big windows that let through a lot of daylight. The menu has only a few meals so you need to check out the blackboard, which has daily and fresh specialities. I am not that familiar with Italian cuisine, so the staff was super helpful while picking our lunch. The waiters were also very pleasant and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious - we had starter, main meal and dessert. The only thing I didn't like was something of the mixed plate of starters, but everything else was amazing. The chef certainly knew what he was doing!

Overall we really enjoyed the friendly atmphoshere and the feel of home made food. We will definitely come back again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Eunji Y
Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food to die for”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Me and my sister visited Osteria Da Clara last week when on holidays in Prague. While researching on good restaurants to go to, I found it mentioned somewhere on the internet, I loved the website of the place and was eager to go there. We arrived on a weekday around luchtime and it was absolutely packed, therefore the service was really slow. The waitress did not speak any english, but she gave us menu in english and marked the dishes they could cook that day. As I said, we waited for our food for quite a long time, but it was absolutely delicious, I would say it was food to die for, and it was my very best experience with italian cuisine by far. We ordered some starter, I don't remember the name, something like flat pie with greenery filling, it was very tasty. We also had "Insalata di gorgonzola, mele, radicchio e noci" - salad of gorgonzola, apples, greens, walnuts and honey - it was great too. I took pasta with tuna fish, irrational choice because I never eat pasta with seafood. It came steaming hot, tasting absolutely gorgeous and in a very generous portion - I could hardly finish my plate but I just couldn't leave a pice of such heavenly food on the plate. I was thinking of that place over and over, but didn't return this time - a lot of other places waited to be tested. I will definitely be back next time!
After this food no other Italian restaurant will satisfy me, I am afraid :(

Prices are okay, service is friendly, interior is cozy.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Innes_Dreadful
Prague
“Response to embittered table.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I understand if you go for a meal and are not satisfied it can be disappointing. But to cynically get all members to write a 'crushing' review on TA is quite a childish embittered response. All I can say is I and a few of my friends who are very passionate about food have always been highly impressed by the standard of food. The fact you have to 'get up and read the board' adds to the charm and is a welcome change from an endless non changing written menu. The board is always changing meaning there are always new seasonal Italian dishes to try. The standard is very high, especially for Prague, we are yet to find a better Italian here. Personally I have always found the staff very friendly and helpful. The decor is basic and the chairs are all different which gives a characterful homely vibe and probably one of the other reasons it is always full. I'm sure the 4 people feel entitled to their view but I am sure it is a very small minority.

• Visited January 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Response of a regural customer to the negative ratings this month”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our family and friends, we all visit this restaurant at least once a month for past 3 years, perhaps longer. we travel here from all around the Prague, this is how good it is!!! Over the years we had not one bad experience; either with the food, that is fresh and for Prague quite unique, as it is home kitchen, or with the staff, that is always attentive, friendly and makes you feel like part of the place. To me the bad reviews below are staged by a competition or a vendetta for something i cannot imagine, as truly this is one of the finest, friendliest restaurants in Prague!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Marta P
cesnek, Owner at Da Clara, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Marta P, I would like to thankyou very much for your kind review,its a pleasure to know we are satisfying most customers and you appreciate our efforts. Look forward to seeing you again soon! Glenn & Anna Da Clara