“Be ware”
Review of EA Hotel Downtown

EA Hotel Downtown
Ranked #310 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The hotel didn't come upto my expectations. Reception staff lacks mannerism & doesn't know how to treat guests & is mostly non-cooperative. They would neither take nor deliver messages & won't take ur complaints seriously. I had to go to my room through stairs at 4th floor because the elevator was out of serveice. I stayed in a single room which is terribly small/congested. They r running radio on TV sets & only have 2 english channels out of total 8-9 channels! Bring your own hair brush, lotion & shampoo. Location & breakfast r good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is a surprisingly good hotel. There is nothing "flash" about it ... just an ordinary lobby etc ... but the rooms are quite big (I was upgraded to a double room), and they are very clean and extremely quiet. The breakfast was very nice and the staff were really helpful. Overall, I think this hotel provides very good value in what can be an expensive tourist city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Action_Man_Dave
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have been stolen an apple iPod and an earphones. I have send a email to them, but they had not reply.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank marm501
Reviewed July 30, 2011

When I chose this hotel on Orbitz I saw it was within walking distance of the Prague Train Station, but I found out it was a long walk, on busy streets, all uphill. I was tired by the time I finally found the lobby. The room was large, but I had to climb one flight of stairs to reach it, since the elevator did not go to the top floor. It was a warm day in Prague, and the only window was skylight above the bed, which could open only a few inches to get some air. I kept it open and soon heard a thunderstorm move through. Luckily no rain came down through the opening, which I had to keep open in order to get some air. I found it was easier to get to the hotel by taking the subway to I. P. Pavlova station, and then to walk down hill to Zitna street and the hotel. If I visit Prague again I might consider staying here again, basically because it's close to the center of Prague, although it's a long walk, and it is convenient to the subway. The price isn't bad, too. However, I realize other people have different standards, and this hotel may not be to the liking of everyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The hotel is steps away from the National Museum, meaning it's got an excellent location and is near a central transit station. The rooms were clean and spacious while breakfast was a nice layout of dishes, and complimentary.

The space, quality, and decor of the rooms were about what I expected for a 4-star hotel in city center, although the price list indicating the cost of replacing specific damaged items in the room was a bit odd.

Overall, it was a typical 4-star hotel that got the job done while being in an excellent location. The staff did seem a little bit miffed when the credit-card machine stopped working at check-out and insisted that we pay cash instead to settle the bill for one of the two rooms we had purchased. Also, luggage storage is simply in an open room with no monitoring and several entrances, allowing easy access to your things and for someone to simply walk away with everything you own.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Having travelled many times to Prague, my hotel of choice is the Downtown Hotel. It is conveniently located close to Wenceslas Square and offers clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast is a good assortment of baked goods, cereals, yogurts and fruits. Everyone in my group thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2011

we stayed our first few nights of a month long trip here in Prague. It was so perfectly located, near the subway, near the train station and easy to walk all around town. We did Old Jewish town, the Charles Bridge, castle, all over just walking. The people were great, helpful and spoke great English. Breakfast each a.m. was also nice. Such a great place that about 10 days into our trip when we had to loop back through Prague we got a room there again. great deal. loved the heated floors.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple