“Nice hotel, great location”
Review of Arkada Hotel Praha

Arkada Hotel Praha
Ranked #266 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Location is very good - just behind the Wenceslas Square - on a small and very quiet street. A walk to downtown is very short. The hotel is very nice, rooms are not too big - but my bathroom was just enourmously huge! It had a window and a lot of sunlight, absolutely loved it. Bed is comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are wonderful. Great price/quality ratio. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank the_only_olga
Karel72, Manager at Arkada Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Many thanks for staying with us - hope to welcome you soon again!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This can not be considered 4 star. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room.The hot breakfast was really terrible,plastic tasteless sausages,a pile of fat described as bacon and rubber fried eggs with eggshell in them on 2 days and cheap tasteless cornflakes to start.
Also as a single gay traveller I was quizzed when I brought a friend back as to why my friend was younger even though I had booked the room for 2 people for the length of my stay. I left a do not disturb sign on my door after a late night twice but the maid still banged on my door and walked in.
On the plus side the room was very clean and the furnishings were in good condition,the bathroom was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank john w
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's just about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel to the train station if you don't have heavy luggage. If you have suitcase and need to go through the metro and walk through tunnels, it takes much longer.

The hotel's staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave us a lot of helpful information and because we needed to leave early, they packed they breakfast for us and was ready in the reception when we checked out. The package was very useful for our long train journey to Krakow.

The room was small, clean. The wall was very thin between the other room and we heard people next room switching on and off lights, playing games on phone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peg C
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in April starting from a Saturday. I arrived almost at midnight on the Saturday evening, but had no problems checking in, the receptionist was expecting me. The reception staff was friendly and pleasant, and spoke good English. I booked myself a single room and was given a room on the 4th/5th floor (cannot remember for certain the exact floor).

Room was very clean and didn't smell. Bedding was also clean, although I found pillow a bit flat and had to fold it in half (it was big enough to do so). The room had a desk and wardrobe, which included a safe. There was also a fridge. No kettle or ironing board or iron, but I didn't need one. The bathroom was very clean, either well maintained or recently refurbished. The bedroom wasn't very big, but enough space for me to put my luggage and walk around in. Room was rather warm. Wi-Fi internet worked ok in my room, a good signal, not much drop off. There was heating but no air-conditioning, so I had to open the window at night (it was quite warm when I visited). Luckily, there were metal bars. The door to the room doesn't have a security lock/chain. As I was worried about someone entering in my sleep or shower, I had to put my suitcase against the door. You hand in your room key every morning to reception if you wanted to go out and about. This is for your own security. Elevators are operated by your room key also.

Breakfast was ok, it was included in the price. Buffet breakfast with both hot and cold food, including eggs, sausages, bacon, cured meat and cheeses, fruit and cereal. They had lemon slices to make a good cup of morning lemon tea. The guy managing this waited for me to turn up to breakfast (as I was last one to get there before the 10am closing), before he turned off the hot food equipment.

Location of the hotel was excellent. In a safe district (I think possibly a business/office part of town), about 20 minutes walk to old town and 40 minutes to Charles Bridge. Also around 20 minutes walk to mainline train station where I took train to Karlstejn (for the castle). The Namesti Miru metro station was about 5 minutes away from the hotel. I felt safe enough walking back at night.

I paid around 69 euros per night, so good value for money for location and cleanliness. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank wkw2012
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked in this hotel with my two friends for a long weekend. Despite the good reviews from other people, we were not happy about the lack of communication.
We arrived in the hotel Wednesday night, the receptionist was on the phone. She didn't brother to put the phone down and she let us waited for 15 minutes before she accommodated us despite i said we need to check in.
The hotel is clean, situated on the nice area and near to gay bars and clubs and a very good walk to the Old Square, Old town and the Castle.
The Wi-fi is very slow and you have to find a right spot to make it quicker.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank leojmeduk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is located a couple of minutes walk behind the museum at the top of Wenceslas Square - so very close to heart of the city but in an oasis of calm.

On a city break could walk the length and breadth of the city from the hotel without the need to use transport (15 minutes to old town, 25 minutes to river/bridges; 40 minutes to Cathedral and castle)

Hotel was excellent. Large bedroom with very comfortable king size bed; brand new refurbished bathroom; plenty of wardrobe space; dressing table. The room was spotlessly clean.
On top of that there was free wi-fi access in the hotel - which could be used from the bedroom.

The breakfast was continental breakfast (of course!) - with eggs, bacon and sausages to add to the rolls, meats, cheeses, coffee, tea, juices etc - excellent starter for the day. If you want an "English breakfast" go to Blackpool.

The staff were welcoming and efficient.

The exterior of the hotel is plain - you'd walk past it without noticing it - and it may not catch your eye if you saw a picture in a review. What matters is what's inside. Great place to stay if you visit Prague. And wonderful value - just over £40 per night for this 4 star hotel, bed an breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and a good deal for the time I was in Prague.
I was originally worried about the location, but it's very close to the metro (I really didn't use it much, walked most of the time) as well as the main train station. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. I didn't need more than was offered.
On the down side the walls are a little thin so bring ear plugs if you are sensitive, and the pillow was uncomfortable. If you need new pillows and such ask in the morning before their cleaning person comes because the front desk staff doesn't have that stuff. Have a great time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo