“Absolutely loved it!!”

Farrango Thai Fusion Art Gallery Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Right up my street! We went there on a Friday evening and had the most divine singer performing. The food was absolutely gorgeous. We stuck around for a good few drinks and coffees etc - they were so accommodating, ensuring we had a comfortable place to sit in the bar and enjoy the singing! Really worth a visit. Not a cheap night out, but worth the extra!!

1  Thank clarabelleno1

Reviewed March 8, 2011

We didn't actually eat here because we walked out not long after we walked in. We went here because we read fantastic reviews on trip advisor about the good value but I wouldn't call 1000kc for a bottle of wine good value. The atmosphere was dull and a little pretentious and there was no decent choice on the menu.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

It is something unusual to find a restaurant with peruvian cuisine in the heart of Prague, hidden between small historical streets. But it is definitely worth visiting it. You will be amazed by the attention of service. Natives probably from South America are trying to offer the best service, which we miss in a lot of restaurants in Prague. The food is great, especially their steaks. You can try some original alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks coming from Peru. The ambience and typical music are just another plus. If you want to try something different you must visit Casa Andina!

1  Thank kubo321
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This restaurant has a great ambience with footage of Machu Picchu playing on a bank of TV screens to add to the South American atmosphere. Food is very unusual and beautifully presented; between us my wife and I chose dishes from Mexico, Brazil and Peru, the latter being a particular speciality. Degrees of spice are clearly indicated on the menu.

I'd had a beer and was asked if I wanted a second one. I declined but they brought another beer anyway. Again I said no thanks and they took it away. Later on when the bill was presented (surprise, surprise) it included a charge for the second beer. I queried this and was eventually presented with a bill for the correct amount. This was a practice I had read about happening in Prague but did not expect in a restaurant of this obvious quality. Although matters were ultimately resolved to my satisfaction the incident spoilt what was otherwise a perfect meal. I had planned to leave a tip but in the light of what had happened I did not. I can give no more than 4 stars as a result. Would I go back? For the food, defineitely; because of the sharp practice probably not.

Note to Management: please do not encourage this - it will surely do you no favours.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Excellent restaurant if your looking for something special but also something different. Peruvian restaurant but also with flavours from elsewhere in south America. The fillet steak in pastry was incredible as were the tiger prawns either as a starter or a main. Good selection of beers and wines. Could possibly be hard to find but well worth looking for as you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Buckshee