“What a wonderful place.”

Potrefena Husa Na Verandach
Ranked #271 of 6,331 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 5
Description: Restaurant Potrefena husa Na Verandach is located right on the grounds of the Staropramen brewery in Prague. Enjoy the fantastic Czech cuisine and a range of 10 well-cared draught beers (tapped from tanks or barrels) and other bottled beer specialties in the modern surroundings of the restaurant.
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

After a long day sightseeing around Prague we were all in need of a place we could relax and recharge our batteries.
We booked a table at this restaurant.
We were welcomed by long lost families.
The food was fantastic. The beer was wonderful and staff were great.
A great night, just what the doctor ordered. Plus great value for money.
We were so impressed we went the following night.

Date of visit: March 2019
FBGROUP, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Potrefena Husa Na Verandach, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear Nick G, thank you for your more than nice comment. We really appreciate it and we are happy, that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Oh dear lord.. the pork knuckle was sent from the heavens! Succulent and juicy, but never ending! You need a few very hungry people to polish this off.
This was my first pork knuckle experience and I will never forget it.
Staff are great, atmosphere is great, food is divine!
100% recommend - thank you guys

Date of visit: October 2018
FBGROUP, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Potrefena Husa Na Verandach, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear CuriousCatticus, we are really glad that you enjoyed our knuckle. It is always pleasure to read comments like this. We hope you had many of our beers as well. Thank you for your highest rating and recommendation, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2019

After visiting Staropramen for tour and beer tasting we enjoyed a dinner here. The restaurant has nice and modern design, service was smiling and very intuitive. The food we got was good, the same for beer. We can only recommend this place. Thank you.

Date of visit: January 2019
FBGROUP, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Potrefena Husa Na Verandach, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

Dear Kleopatra, thank you for your nice comment and rating. We also appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

Me, my family and our friends from UK went to visit this place. I have been to this restaurant coupple years ago and did not like it much. My parents never been there and wanted to try it, so I have made a reservation. When we walked in we got welcome by a quite nice guy, he gave us menu, later on came my husband with a bunch of flowers so the waiter brought immediately a vase with water which I though was very nice. Later at home, my husband found out that we got charge for the tap water!! I was very surprised, we did not ask for the vase, he brought it automatically so I thought what a nice gesture... anyway, the food was fine but the service was very slow. The restaurant was quite empty when we got there, than we ordered a food and suddenly it was packed with people. We ordered a food for our child as well and it did not came together with our meal and I only order that to keep our son busy while we were eating. We were also waiting a long time to be able to order another drinks. Finally me and my
mum wanted to have a coffee and it took ages until someone came and we could ask for that. When the waiter came with our coffee, he spilled mine :( I understand that the coffee service is here only just in case somebody would want it, but the waiter pretend nothing happened. Not sure if I would be in a mood to go there again, I was just not impressed that much.... my parents commented that it was just regular pub.

Date of visit: January 2019
FBGROUP, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Potrefena Husa Na Verandach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear 198lucieh,

thank you for your wide comment. It is really helpful for us. We are sorry for your "bad" experience. Unfortunately you found the tap water on the bill later that day, of course you should not pay for the vase with water. Honestly we do not know about it now, means nobody did it deliberately. Do you have the bill from your dinner? You can send it us to manager@phnaverandach.cz and then we will contact you. If you will give us second chance, we believe, that everything will be perfect.

Reviewed December 14, 2018

We were really satisfied by our dinner in that restaurant. It was absolutely delicious and well prepared.

Date of visit: November 2018
FBGROUP, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Potrefena Husa Na Verandach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Dear Anitaruoho, thank you for your nice comment. We look forward to your next visit.