Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Prague Local Friends tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews night tour private tour solo tour his knowledge great sense of humor walking tour personal tour beautiful city kutna hora czech republic wonderful guide fun facts amazing tour a lot of fun lesser town old town kristian
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2019

My partner and I were fortunate to spend an afternoon with Kristian, the owner of Prague Local Friends, last weekend and remain in awe at the enthusiasm and encyclopedic knowledge that he has for his city.

What was only scheduled as a couple of hours walking around the Old Town soon turned into nearly four hours of great company and storytelling. (We booked Kristian for two hours but spent double that time with him, without a moment wasted.)

While weaving in and out of secret parts of Prague we were not aware existed (despite pounding the streets of the very same district earlier in the day), Kristian adeptly explained the intricate history and topography of the streets and buildings with the commanding clairvoyance of someone who has truly experienced a city with his eyes wide open. And has no hesitation in sharing his boundless insight.

A particular highlight was hearing about his passion for Czech Cubism (make sure to ask!).

Date of experience: February 2019
Kristian_1983, Manažer at Prague Local Friends, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Matt,

thank you for this great review and as well for that great time I have spent with you. It is always great pleasure to meet someone with such deep knowledge and interest in things as you two have. Thank you!

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Kristian took our family of four on a four-hour guided walking tour of Prague. He was great with our teenage boys and very aware of what kinds of things they’d be interested in. We skipped the palace (something we could do on our own later) and did a big loop around the city, hitting the highlights and also ducking into cool places we would otherwise never have found. We stopped for a coffee break when we needed it and he directed us to a great place for a late lunch at the end (Cafe Louvre) and suggested somewhere for dinner. We’d highly recommended this as a way to quickly get a good appreciation of the city and what it’s like to live here as a local.

Date of experience: December 2018

Sue,

thank you for the nice prechristmas day and for this great review! All the best to you and the rest of your family. ;-)

Reviewed December 23, 2018

Prague Local Friends was recommended to me when we needed a driver to Landstejn Castle. This was an unusual request since it was about 3 hours outside of Prauge and not really a popular day trip from Prague. Petr was our driver and picked us up at our hotel at the time previously arranged. He was very personable and went above and beyond to research the castle and the nearby town of Slavonice so that we would have a good experience. During the drive, Petr told us about his life in Prague and was a great tour guide. He picked a great spot for lunch. We throughly enjoyed our day! I highly recommend Prague Local Friends for any private tours within Prague or outside of Prague. We arranged the tour by email through Kristian and he always replied promptly to my questions. I would not hesitate to use Prague Local Friends again!

Gloria!

We are happy, that this trip into the middle of nowhere change into this great and pleasant day! ;-)

Petr says "hello" and please do no hesitate to contact us next time. ;-)

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I traveled to Prague by myself and thought it would be a good idea to do a tour to get a general idea of the place I was visiting.

1st I would like to note that they were very accommodating. I wanted a night tour because my plane didn’t land till 1530 and the tour didn’t start till 1900. The day I wanted was also not available, but when I asked they were more then willing to help me out.

Katrin was my guide and I learned so much about Pragues history and had a wonderful time on the night tour. I was lucky enough to have a solo tour and because of this we got so much ground covered and stopped in an adorable coffee shop where I had delicious hot chocolate.

Going on a PLF tour the night I got to Prague was the best decision I made because it got me comfortable with a city I did not no and my tour guide was very personable so I had no fear asking her any questions.

I made the mistake of trying a different tour group to do a Kutna Hora day trip. I regret not going with Prague Local Friends. Really, really, regret. So if you’re planing a trip to Kutna Hora, go with PLF.

Donielle,

thank you for this great review and we cannot wait to show you Kutná Hora (properly) next time you are here! ;-)

Kristian ;-)

P.S.: Katrin sends here greetings. ;-)

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We had just a short time in Prague and did not want to join the hordes of tourists being led around behind a flag, so we spent 5 hours with Katrin who was just a wonderful guide. We had initially asked for 3 hours but we realised that we wanted to see and hear about so much in one day that we needed extra time. Katrin organised our day to include the things that we were interested in and we enjoyed her company so much. Her knowledge was boundless and as a local person, it was very interesting to discuss the recent history and contemporary life of Prague. We had also met another ‘local friend’ Kristian on a Taste of Prague tour the previous day and it was also a wonderful day. Can highly recommend both tours.

Monika,

thank you for nice time we spent together and for this great review!

Please send my greetings to Marty and Katrin´s ones to both of you! ;-)