Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Prague Local Friends
from $39.80
More Info
All reviews private tour his enthusiasm wonderful tour czech republic kristian
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Having only a few days in Prague, we decided to hire Kristian for a city tour, and I must admit, it was one of our best decisions ever! Kristian begins the tour with a short review of Czech history. This really sets the stage for this wonderful tour. Then, either by walking or public transportation, Kristian escorts you to all the important sights in Prague. His English is superb, his knowledge is deep and far-reaching, and his presentation is fun, engaging, and informative. He is part actor and part historian, but all personable. We booked him months before arriving in Prague because the best guides are reserved early and we didn’t want to miss his tour.

Date of experience: October 2017
Kristian_1983, Manager at Prague Local Friends, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2018

Thank you, Ruth, for this great review! My greetings to Larry! ;-)

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

My mom and I toured with Katrin on our visit to Prague and she was fantastic! We wanted to visit a mixture of both tourist attractions along with local artists and jewelry shops. Katrin did not disappoint. She was so kind and not to mention funny! She really knows a lot about Prague and it's vast history. We were very pleased. Highly recommend touring with Prague Local Friends!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 28, 2017

As a solo female traveller, when I first arrive into a new destination I usually like to get a lay of land by taking a walking tour. When I arrived into Prague and did my usual search, I came across “Prague with Kristian” and noticed he has a “Prague by Night” tour. I was thrilled with the prospect that I could venture out into the evening with a local and explore Prague under a starry night and ambient street lights.

My guide (and colleague of Kristian) Katrin quickly got in touch with me and informed me it would just be us two ladies for the evening! I was impressed that they would still do the tour with just me. What a pleasant surprise to all of sudden have a private tour!

During the tour, Katrin proved herself to be extremely intelligent and personable. She was determined to answer every question I had for her and she brought maps and a tablet so she could explain the history of the Czech Republic. I was extremely impressed with how she really wanted to impart as much information as she could to me. As we talked and walked, we covered quite a bit of the city.

The real appeal of “Prague by Night” was the fact that most of the clamouring tourists were off the streets and I could see the beauty of an empty Charles Bridge. I was able to get a demonstration of the unique acoustics of a cement step sculpture at Prague Castle that you absolutely could NOT experience with the daytime crowds there! We had the entire Prague Castle grounds to ourselves. Being able to snap a shot of the narrowest street in Prague devoid of tourists was also a bonus.

The highlight of the evening was a met up in a cozy bar with Kristian, himself. Both Katrin and Kristian were telling me about a local half-fermented wine called Burčák and treated me to a glass of the unique liquid accompanied by much lively, creative, and hilarious chit chat. Now that is what I call a personal touch!

I came away from the evening realizing how lucky I was to have experienced this “Prague by Night” tour. I went in with no expectations and got more than I could have imagined. I highly recommend this tour or any other with “Prague with Kristian”. He is a generous, creative soul who enjoys sharing his talent and love for his city and country. Much thanks to Katrin and Kristian for a memorable evening exploring “Prague by Night”!

Date of experience: September 2017
Kristian_1983, Manager at Prague Local Friends, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Hello, Lee!

Thank you (Katrin & me!) so much for this great and really detailed review!

Good luck with your travelling and all the best! ;-)

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We did the Prague by night tour with Katrin when we arrived to get our bearings in the city at night. Katrin was an excellent guide. She knows her stuff and gave us a ton of helpful info about the city. The walking tour covered the castle, surrounding area, kampa park, lower quarter and more. She showed us the local seasonal fermented wine and a wonderful little bar called craft beer & cake with a great rotating craft lineup. She gave us a great restaurant recommendation since we didn't know most places stop serving at 10pm (keep this in mind if you get in town late or aren't adjusting to the time).
This is an awesome way to see the city- no one was out! We got to take our time without the crowds.
You need comfortable walking shoes- the majority of the walk is cobblestone. I would not recommend this if you have a hard time walking or any injuries- it's all walking.
Also- local friends sent us a personalized reminder email with Katrin's phone number and picture with the meeting spot to make it easier to find her. Very helpful!
Thanks Katrin! We appreciated your expertise and for sharing a cocktail with us! Cheers!

Date of experience: September 2017
Kristian_1983, Manažer at Prague Local Friends, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you, Haley!

We are happy to hear (I mean to read) all this! Katrin says hi! ;-)

Reviewed September 22, 2017

The Night Walking Tour was the highlight of my visit to Prague. I got to see many places and things that I would not otherwise have discovered on my own. My guide, Marek was enthusiastic and very patient while I took million photos. He also explained a lot of historical context and tidbits. I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: August 2017
Kristian_1983, Manažer at Prague Local Friends, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Trisha, I more than happy to read that you have enjoyed the tour and that it has been highlight of your visit! Thank you! (Marek sends his greetings, btw.)