Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Must have experience

Saki (as old friends call him) has not changed since we met on highschool 25 years ago. Buddy with... read more

Reviewed December 17, 2020
lukasj129
Stara Boleslav, Czech Republic
via mobile
Much more than a portrait session

This is my first review on Trip Advisor, and it is with deep gratitude that I am writing these... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2020
no_lleh975

Recommended experiences in and around Prague
from $51.54
from $39.75
from $9.47
Prague Foodie Tour
2,588 Reviews
from $158.80
More Info
All reviews whole process wet plate photo session exciting experience souvenir portraits gonzo techniques camera technology century master shoot insight
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Me and a friend randomly stumbling upon Honza's studio in the old town. He takes photos using a technique that was popular in the 1860s/70s. I don't know what impressed me more: the astonishing results or the passionate, intelligent and methodical dedication to a nearly forgotten craft.
You can visit and see the beautiful gallery of his photos, but the real thing is taking a portrait photo and getting an explanation about the whole process!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

A must have experience during crawling in old town, plus you'll leave with a life lasting souvenir :)
As A.C. Clarke says - " Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - and I have to agree with him, this is pure magic, even the technology itself is more then 100 years old :)
Thumbs up and keep going !!!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank AlexA3049
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I´ve past around with my friend, and I´m so happy we´ve been curious enough to ask what is this photoshooting all about.
You guys can get your photo printed on tin in front of your eyes, amazing process and great memory to have!

Would totally recommend! :)

1  Thank 306luw
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Honza is a very talented photographer. He is making a interesting collodion process photography. He did a beautiful picture of me ane he let me watch how is the picture develop. His atelier is in magical part of old town in Prague. I hugely recomend for everybody to stop there

1  Thank Iveta N
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Honza is not only an artist. He is also a friendly guy who is willing to share his enthusiasm for collodion photography. Session at his place will be an expierence which will last forever - like collodion portrait does:)

1  Thank 7from9