“Best most authentic meal in Prague! Must go here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurace Mlejnice

Restaurace Mlejnice
Ranked #109 of 5,316 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Brisbane, Australia
“Best most authentic meal in Prague! Must go here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After a very poor experience of Czech food and service earlier in our visit I was determined to find authentic, hearty and tasty Czech food before i left. And find it we did. I spent a while pouring over trip advisor and found this gem. We started with the sausage and cabbage soup (amazing, reminded me of my grandmothers cooking) and followed with the pork knuckle and some sides (spinach and veges). My sister and i shared and it was plenty (so much so i had to turn down apple strudel!!!) All the food was AMAZING and despite some less favourable reviews on service our waiter was spot on. Quick, polite, friendly. We did go at 830 on a Sunday evening so didnt book. The atmosphere feels very authentic and the place is quite small. A lovely female chef who you can see preparing your food through the kitchen door. If you want genuine, very tasty and very generous Czech food this is the spot. Only wish I could go back for goulash! Prices were from 45czk (soup), 90 (sausage), 265 (pork knuckle). Very much spot on for other czech restaurants in the area if not a bit cheaper.

2 Thank RM_Travel09

• Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We managed to get a table and it was a lovely meal my husband ad the goulash in a bread loaf which was very tasty I had pork which was very tender and rural potatoes which were probably the tastiest I have had in a very long time if you can time it right with a table you will not be disappointed .

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely worth making a reservation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We lucked out on a Tuesday night and were seated right away. We had tried the previous Friday and Saturday but they were full both nights.

The beer goulash was delicious, but I was actually really impressed by the side of spinach and grilled vegetables! Sounds boring, but I'm still thinking about those side dishes.

They have a huge menu with a lot of delicious choices. The table next to us ordered salads, which looked great as well.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Wonderful traditional Czech meals at reasonable prices!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a long day of walking around scenic Prague, Mlejnice is the perfect place to relax and enjoy some authentic Czech cuisine. This restaurant is tucked away from all the tourist action and is within the winding streets off the Old Town Square. Have a map nearby to situate yourself because it can be a little confusing to find. The food here is amazing! This is a down-to-earth, casual restaurant where you don't have to be dressed up. My friend had the roast pork knee, a local speciality, and she said it was delicious! I had wiener schnitzel, boiled potatoes with parsley, garlic bread (very good if you like garlic because you put in on yourself) and a wonderful draft beer! It is a must-eat in Prague because it is frequented by locals and tourists alike. Definitely go here!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Natalie O
Omaha, Nebraska
“One of my all time Praha favorites.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is one of the places I always go to while I am visiting Praha. Supremely located, very affordable, cozy, quaint and serves great Czech cuisine. Whether I just want to rest my feet, have a cold beer or eat a good meal this is a place I can always count on. It's a sure thing. Located just South of Old Town in a side alley it avoids being a tourist trap. Seating is limited so you will either want to make a reservation or get in early if you plan on eating dinner, if you are just stopping by for lunch or around midday then you will most likely be able to find a seat without calling ahead. As for Pivo they serve Kozel light and dark, I prefer the dark. The food is classic Czech cuisine, very heavy and hearty. I like to have lunch here by ordering a few appetizers and soup, basically stuff that goes good with beer. The Praha Ham and beer cheese accomplish this perfectly. The soup is great when you need to line your stomach so the beer doesn't go right through you. The Service is a little friendlier than most Czech establishments and the food is served quickly. I've never been cheated on a tab and it's always been my pleasure to tip them. Many times I just have 4 or 5 beers and stand near the small bar. It's great place to get started for a night out but equally so for a midday break from sightseeing and shopping. Again, a nice staff that seems to care how they present themselves. The Pork Knuckle is very good here and I must also recommend the Goulash. It's very affordable and well worth a try if you want to try traditional Czech food.

• Visited March 2013