“Great restaurant close to Old Town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurace Mlejnice

Restaurace Mlejnice
Ranked #110 of 5,323 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great restaurant close to Old Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food was very good, authentic Czech cusine, and reasonably priced and very close to Old Town Square

Visited December 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Food ok, service ok (next to very distant), long queue.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

- Long waiting time (but I think you can reserve by phone).
- we had the beer goulash bread, tasty. But meat was not tender at all.
- we had also potatoes with blue cheese and garlic. That was delicious.
- service: robots are maybe more communicative.

All in all: I think there are better local restaurants, rating seems to be overstated on this site.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, beware of the queue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

As everybody else is saying, this is a good restaurant with good, prompt service. The queue seems to be legendary here, and be prepared: we arrived at about 7:30pm and had a 30 minute wait, with about four parties ahead of us in line plus two reserved tables, until we were seated. If you're going here, get here either early or late, or make a reservation.

The food was good. I had the excellent cold homemade pickled sausage with pickled onions as an appetizer, and the famed goulash in a bread bowl as my main course. The goulash was good, but a bit too salty for my tastes. The rye bread bowl was fantastic, however, and the meat was tender and had good flavor. A. had a perfectly cooked thin steak with spicy sauce and steamed veggies, which is probably more along the lines of what I would have ordered if I had been there before.

The beer was cold and good, and our final bill was Kč 635, which was pretty incredible considering the amount of food and drink we wound up with.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
York, United Kingdom
“Liked it so much we went here twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I like that this place is on a tiny street. The decor is cozy. The service was fine, the food good and the beer excellent

The first time we went here we ordered a main to split and a side. Good decision as the side was big enough to be a main almost! We each ordered a beer as well. I ordered the Kozel, which was heaven and my husband ordered something else that wasn't as good as mine. (the next visit we each got a Kozel)

The food was gnocchi with sauerkraut and it was delicious. My husband thought it was the best he's ever had. We also ordered the cabbage cakes. They were delicious and huge! There were four of them and they were potato and cabbage fried cakes. Very tasty.

The next time we split our table with a mother/daughter duo since there were lots of people waiting and we didn't want to take up a big table for just the two of us. It turned out to be a great decision as we had a great time talking with them.

We ordered beer, pork knee and goulash which was super tasty. The flavors were in great proportion, though if it had a bit more spice it would have been better, but only just. The spice level was still delicious. I think the Kozel was even better the second time around! For being a dark beer it was sure refreshing!! (not at all like the dark beers I'm used to in England which are much heavier).

Visited December 2012
“Very poor service and rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I spent 4 days in Prague starting 16/12/12, had some excellent meals but unfortunately not at this place. I haven't got a clue what the food is like because I didn't get that far. I was spoken to in a manner or should I say snapped at that they couldn't fit me in and I must wait, even though I could see empty tables. I did not return and will not in the future. Need to work on manners and customer service I'm afraid.