“Sea buckthorn lemonade out of this world!”
Review of Cafe Savoy

Cafe Savoy
Ranked #34 of 215 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Smichov
Reviewed August 21, 2016

If you are looking for a bit of solace and luxury one afternoon in Prague, this is the place to go! Cafe Savoy has daily newspapers in a multitude of languages and has a daily selection of gorgeous cakes! Have a look at the selection and choose one alongside a top notch coffee or homemade lemonade (to die for). You can also eat dinner here, but I haven't tried it yet.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (3,068)

Reviewed August 19, 2016

We came here twice for breakfast during our stay, both times were great. The whole feel of the cafe is of old world glamour, all the waiters are in waistcoats and the ceiling is detailed and beautiful. The first time I had the 'healthy breakfast', I loved all the elements and it was enormous, two smallish pieces of rye bread, jams and butter, a big pot of yoghurt, fruit and musli, milk and very fresh tasting orange juice. The second time I had the french toast. It was AMAZING. Thick what I think was brioche fried in butter with loads of sweet ripe fresh fruit and drenched in maple syrup. I have since tried to recreate it and sadly failed. We booked both times (once online and once in person the night before) and I would recommend doing so.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Heard the restaurant was highly recommended but found it to have been reading it's own marketing materials. Service was ok but give the pricing was expecting that it would be superb. Food was good but again given the price point not awesome. I tried it once but would not consider special enough for another visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Instead of typical big lunch we looked for a cafe that also offers high quality food. Cafe Savoy is the answer. High quality service and food in a beautiful setting. The service speed and quality of food speaks for a well organized kitchen. We had some cake and Apfelstrudel and it was also delicious.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

We recently had breakfast at this Prague institution and it did not disappoint. The space is beautiful and the food was delicious. Be sure to get their Savoy Cafe Au Lait, which is flavored with their dark chocolate and cinnamon. It is served on a silver tray with a small glass of mineral water. My son had the french breakfast, which includes french toast, french fries, and blue cheese. My daughter had the healthy breakfast with granola, bread and fruit. While my husband and I both had egg dishes. We all greatly enjoyed our choices.
Be sure to go downstairs, where the bathrooms are located, to watch them make their famous pastries through a large glass window. Also know that it is a bit of a walk from the center of old town square, but totally worth it.