“very good italian”

Ranked #101 of 5,852 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Since 2008 the restaurant Divinis has been seeking to exceed the expectations of even the most demanding customers and understand that a truly memorable dining experience combines superb food, efficient service and comfortable, ambient surroundings made by Italian architect Luciano Belcapo/Evodecor. Our Chef Jan Kratochvil keeps the best tradition of Italian food with top ingredients and simple preparations. Daily specials are always on the peak of their freshness and are basically the freshest buys from morning market. The wine selection is primarily Italian with many very well known labels in wine industry. Open late each night, the restaurant is also perfect for post theatre dinner. The Estate theatre, State Opera, National theatre as well as other theatres are a short walk away.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

had dinner last week and enjoyed meal enormously. very chilled atmosphere in a good way and the wild boar was outstanding. not the best dessert ever but would definately return and reccomend for a bit of posh nosh

1  Thank kevandgaynor

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant is a second for TV chef Pohlreich who owns and leds the famous Imperial in the street Na porici. However, my feeling is that this kind of cuisine is not his cup of tea. Everything - ambience, service, food was OK. Just OK. Nothing to write home about. There are better restaurants of this type in Prague. We were not disappointed but also not excited. Sorry to say that about my favorite chef.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The atmosphere is warm and inviting - multiple rooms with whimsical decor, stencils of flatware floating on the walls and ceilings. We arrived on a pretty quiet night and they were happy to seat us without a reservation, but (and this is really my only complaint) they put us at a table right next to the kitchen even though almost the entire place was empty. The menu is compact, but diverse with a range of pastas and secondi. Our appetizers (pumpkin soup and beet with goat cheese salad) were both delicious. My partner's gnocchetti bolognese was outstanding and my sea bream was very good. My only regret is that we didn't have enough room for desert. The service was fine, though not overly friendly.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Still in Prague. Third night. We have been eating very well. Prague has come amazingly good restaurants. We felt like eating Italian. We went to our concierge to ask for a recommendation. She strongly recommended Divinis which was close by our hotel. Actually, we were looking for a simple, informal, quick dinner as we had concert tickets at 8 PM and we arrived at the restaurant at 6 PM where we found a truly elegant place. We explained to the waitress that we need to be out of the restaurant by 7:30 PM; was this possible. She went to the kitchen and returned to say, "Yes," they would put a priority on completing the service on time. To begin the meal, after serving us crusty, home-made bread, they served us a amuse bouche, which was a wonderful taste awakener as intended. Then, we both had spring salads which were delicious. My wife ordered a lemon Tagliatelle and I had a mushroom risotto, which we are still talking about as perhaps the best Italian food we had ever eaten. The tastes were, smooth, creamy, tasty. In my case the mushrooms, thinly sliced, has a slightly roasted taste and texture which "was to die for." My wife had a delicious pinot grigio, their house wine which was perfectly chilled and perfectly suited to the meal selected.. We forewent desert because of the time constraints. In sum, Divinis provided a truly, unexpectedly superb meal at a reasonable price..

1  Thank kenbardach
Reviewed December 14, 2013

T.his is a superb restaurant. The staff, especially Eva were welcoming efficient and well informed about the menu.
The decor is very pleasant, but most outstanding was the food.
We had the grilled calamari and I had the pigeon which was exceptional, my partner had the braised veal cheeks.also excellent
The wines are well chosen and reasonably priced

1  Thank David B