“small room for budget travellers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostel Emma

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hostel Emma
Ranked #356 of 661 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“small room for budget travellers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

It is good for budget travellers who want cheap lodging..The location is well connected by tram and underground..The only issue for me is the room is very small and dark..There is also lounge for everyone to hang out

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap, clean and well located place to stay in Prague then you will not be disappointed with Hostel Emma. I stayed here on a stag do and found the 24 hour reception useful, liked the free internet and our dorm room was clean. If you are going on a couples retreat or after a hotel with any kind of facilities this is not for you however if you are going with the intention of staying somewhere inexpensive and in a good location then this place is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here in June 2010 but never got around to posting a review.

I chose this hostel when I was a student attending a conference in Prague so I was in the city for business but on a student budget. I would give this place 0 "stars" if I could because the cost was worth it.

Cons:
- Very rude staff who acted as if my presence was a nuisance
- I booked a private room in the connecting building and the girl who was showing me to my room did the most annoying thing. My room was on the 3rd floor of a very old, building with no elevator. The stairs were not your typical flights - they seemed to be double your standard flights. I had a heavy suitcase with me and since I'm a petite woman, I was struggling a bit. I didn't expect her to help me with the suitcase since that isn't her job (if she did, I would've given her a nice tip) but instead, she'd hurry up to each landing and watch me struggle with my luggage and laugh at me. When I reached the next landing, she'd run up to the next one and do it all over again. 6 demeaning trips later where I felt like I was in some twisted game show, she showed me to my room.
- Awful excuse for a bed - I woke up the next morning with a giant kink in my neck and an achy back
- Little to no internet connection - this was very difficult when I had loads of work to do
- The room was in a flat with 3 other rooms so I still had to share facilities like bathrooms and the kitchen - everything was so dirty, I was afraid to touch anything
- The shower was cold both times I tried - I ended up not showering for two nights

After the second night, I'd had enough. My boyfriend offered to pay for me to stay at a different place so I moved everything to the hostel (more like a hotel) around the corner, Mosaic House (I wrote a review for that place too). At the time, it was brand new so that's why I couldn't find it on the internet and it was cheaper than what I paid for Emma (the costs have risen since then).

Anyway, I made my complaints to a different but equally rude and uninterested man at the reception desk and asked him for a refund for the remaining days (I'd prepaid everything) but he refused and told me that if I was leaving, I'd have to give him the key. Needless to say, I kept the keys until the end of my booking so that Emma would not try to profit any more from the room.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I would not want to stay there for free. I truly regret wasting my money on this establishment. It is better to just spend the extra money on a hotel. You will sleep better, rest better, and not feel like your hard-earned money is being cheated out of you.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Good: price, location, clean and spacious, big bathroom, kitchen with a free coffee, fridge and microvawe, not an claustrofobic kind of place..
Not good: squeeky, i mean really squeeky beds, with an very old beddings, that smelled awfull - and shold be changed with the new ones, asap. Or- bring your own ones - as i did.
This is my sixth hostel - so i can't actually say it is bad - but: When they made a double booking, by mistake - and made us leave a day earlier - they did not assist us in any way, or even pretend like they care. We had to find another place to stay, in one day, and that was not a friendly approach at all.. (I've ralized that when we've got to the other hostel, few blocks away - and their asisstance and friendly approach and help was on a much higher level)...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

In one week stay my room has been broken into and wallet was stolen, cell phone taken, and clothes as well. This hostel has no noise level control. My room has an open wall to a common area and you can hear all the noise and voices projected over to me. We even called the authority and they did not monitor anything or help in anyway. Terrible hostel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Robski001
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Spent 4 nights here recently. Hostel was clean, tidy and spacious.

After a moment of trepidation upon being taken into the house next door and seeing it was being refurbished, we walked into a clean well equipped communal area which we shared with 6 other couples/groups.

Hostel is in a very convenient location and is very easy to find.

If I'm back in Prague soon I will be staying here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonnny86
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. First night due to some mistake, we were given a room upstairs. Thank god for the mistake!! The rooms upstairs were amazing, with shared facilities and free coffee/tea. The location is also good. Although it is not 5 mins from charles bridge, but it is near a metro station Karlovo Namesti from where you can reach any place possible in Praha.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends