“Arrogant staff”

Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Prague, Czech Republic
“Arrogant staff”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am writing this review regarding my visit at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot in Marianske Lazne last weekend. I have entered the hotel restaurant what was more than empty I would say honestly, and I have been told by the restaurant staff that the restaurant is fully booked. What a surprise for me as I did not acknowledge any sign on the tables or at the entrance to the restaurant and I would like to underline this should be according of Czech law.
Maybe I did not look for the staff enough posh to welcome me and I was and still I am very disappointed about my experience. I already travelled I can say around the whole world and I have never seen the staff so arrogant as they were in the restaurant of the Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rennit
Mykolapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hallo
Sory,but it is no fair. It was not so. Our staff is no arogant. we are very friendly.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Paarl
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It is a special and memorable visit to a lovely place. The people make the hotel a pleasure to stay in. Every effort was made to make us welcome and comfortable. The receptionist decided to drive me to the hairdresser! English spoken by most of the staff, as well as many other languages. Good food, efficient service. Nice views over the central promenade through mature trees.

Not too parking spaces, but this is well handled and dealt with, so you will always park safely.

Magnificent restaurants and visits will be recommended to you, just ask the friendly receptionist!

Enjoy your stay in this pearl of the Czech Spa Towns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mykolapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you , thank you, thank you. It is great to read this reviews. I hope , we will see again

We look forvards to your visit

Hotel Manager
Paarl, South Africa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here with friends, and our stay was perfect. The location of the hotel is excellent, close to the centre of town but also close to some excellent walking routes in the countryside. Every aspect of our stay was outstandingly good. One must first mention the staff who were lovely people, dedicated to meeting every need of their guests. Ivana, the manager, was extraordinarily kind and helped in many ways - spa and hair appointments, restaurant recommendations, tour suggestions. All the waiters were also equally dedicated - we would like to mention Roman in particular for all he did for us. The hotel has been sympathetically updated, with no expense spared. Our room was comfortable and well equipped, and we had the benefit of a beautiful balcony. Breakfasts were enjoyable, and the dinner menu is interesting and varied. We could not imagine staying anywhere other than the Patriot when we return to Marianske Lazne

Room Tip: Room 104 is outstanding!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is next door to an amazing spa which we were able to use as guests. Of course, you have to pay for the spa treatments, even swimming, but it was so handy to have the staff here make the reservations.

We found the food to be very good! We had excellent escargot, chicken, and less heavy dishes than a lot of Czech food. Be aware: unless you drink the poured wine of the day, you must purchase the whole bottle. We ended up buying 2 bottles of wine when we only wanted 2 glasses each. We took it with us to the next destination.

The rooms are clean, but there is no elevator, so one must tote all your luggage yourself. One very nice waiter helped us. Staff were nice but spoke almost no English.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet as the main street is far below. There was no traffic noise, but the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mykolapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hallo
Thank you very much for your review. .We look forward to your next visit

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Unhappily, and despite all the good reviews this restaurant may have had in the past, I must report that my three friends and I were most disappointed.

We travelled from the UK, and having heard from a local restaurateur that the patriot was THE PLACE TO EAT in Marianske Lazne, imagine our surprise when we found the owner entertaining his very loud Czech friends, and upsetting other customers of various European nationalities who wished to eat their dinner in relative peace and quiet. We voted with our feet despite the efforts of a very embarrassed waiter who tried to explain what was happening, and tried to persuade us to stay.

On departure, I informed the poor waiter that I was a retired assassin who used to work for the KGB, and that I would be back to close the place down.

This review is genuine, and I am so disappointed that I could not comment on the quality of the food - I could not have heard myself think in order to decide what to write about the dishes!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Peter M
villapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hallo
I'm very sorry that happened to you this unpleasant incident. All guests are not the same.
Our owner is a friendly man and would never want to be unhappy guests.
I'm sorry. Visit our restaurant again and you will see that our services are really good and our food gourmet. If you have any requests, email me at info@villapatriot.cz
We look forvard to you visit and you will see, that we are friendly

Ivana Mottlová
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I and my family (including 2 little children) are just back from this lovely hotel after a 3-day weekend.
I travel a lot on business, staying in 5-stars, so have my expectations high.
As someone has already said, this hotel is really close to perfect.
Location is the best I could image, as it is in the centre of the town but on a parallel street to the main street, which makes it close to everything but at the same time quiet and private.
The type of the hotel is boutique, friendly and cosy. I hate big and crowded hotels with passion, so this one was exactly right for me.
The quality of rooms is a real 5-star, tastefully (which is rather rare here in Czech) furnished in classical style and everything feels like being new. Rooms are spacious, well planned, with big bed, quality mattress and beddings, big windows, high ceilings, spacious bathroom - not a single detail you would complain about.
The staff were very service-minded and friendly (again - not usual in Czech), which contributes a lot to this great feeling of being there.
Just couple of small improvement areas which I would recommend.
Smoking is still allowed in Czech and hotel is planned so that the main entrance is through their restaurant, to be more exact - the smoking part of their restaurant. The smoking smell is rather strong, which I did not find very representative. Maybe a more powerful ventilation system would help.
Also, a few earlier reviewers were commenting that they were impressed with the breakfast. For us, on the contrary, the breakfast was actually the only area of disappointment, where we expected something of generally higher quality and better choice. On the first morning the omelette was over-fried, there were no vegetables and I was sort of hoping for something more creative for the restaurant of the gourmet style. There was nothing more than omelette, sausages, cheese, ham, cereals, bread and a few fruits. Important to say, that whenever we asked for the basic missing things (vegetables, butter, etc.) they brought it immediately, which we were thankful for. The 2nd morning the quality of food was better (meaning no over-fried omelette). But I would say breakfast quality is worth a bit of extra attention and effort from the side of the hotel management. My guess is that the restaurant chef starts his working day with lunch time and this is were it really becomes a big difference.
Now the best bit about the hotel is the restaurant. In our family we are used to good quality food, various tastes and aesthetic solutions. And here they have it all. In those 3 days we had almost all our meals here, because in Marianske Lazne this restaurant is really unbeatable. Everything was so tasty, so nicely presented, a real touch of quality and "premium". Our biggest thanks to the Chef - fantastic job!
The hotel does not have its own spa, but can arrange you anything you will need in nearby spas. Something I would really recommend is Thai massages in Studio IO (5 min walk from the hotel) - really great quality, native Thai staff and very reasonable prices. Ask the hotel manager Ivana and she will help you with reservations.
All in all - notwithstanding my comments about the breakfast, which I am sure can be a quick fix and it should by no means put you off - it is a truly great hotel, which I would recommend with no doubt, they will not disappoint you! I do believe they are the best in Marianske Lazne. I would like to say my biggest thanks to everyone at Patriot for making our long weekend a very pleasant experience and a great memory! We are looking forward to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
villapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hallo .

It is great to read this review.Thank you for visiting our hotel and for us is a pleasant news that you liked. With breakfast is is so by us. We have on buffet only a smaller offer and all what the guest want they tell us. We look forwards to your next visit

Ivana
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Seven minute walk to the Colonnades, the center of this attractive spa town. A classic style hotel with all the modern facilities. Very good breakfast (included) and an excellent gourmet restaurant. No elevator, but the staff was more than willing to lug our suitcases upstairs. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
villapatriot, Manager at Gourmet Hotel Villa Patriot, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hallo

Thank you, thank you, thak you. We look forward to your visit. We love good guest´s.

Ivana Mottlova/Hotel Manager