“Spa and Massage was Outstanding”
Review of Hotel Thermal

Hotel Thermal
Ranked #44 of 91 Hotels in Karlovy Vary
Chattanooga, TN
“Spa and Massage was Outstanding”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but went to Karlovy Vary on a day trip from Prague. We scheduled a massage at the Hotel Thermal and were very, very pleased with the service and the price. One of the best whole body massages I have ever received and the price was the best. As we were a bit lost, the front desk staff was extremely helpful in locating the spa and the spa staff - while they did not speak any English whatsoever - were incredibly helpful and did a great job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EspanaTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kharkov, Kharkivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Better just visit the pool from this hotel. Its the best pool in the city, with clean water and awesome view!
It's definitely worth the money!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Irina I
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My friend stayed in Thermal, I visited her and was impressed. Room was spacious, very clean and modern looking. Hotel was very comfortable and all visitors were very welcomed. Great meals in restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zina B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Thankfully, we did not stay here. On a recent trip to Karlvoy Vary my boyfriend and I parked our car at the Hotel Thermal (recommended by our hotel as we could not park at ours). The next day, we went to retrieve our car and pay. The machine did not take a 1000 Czech note, although it was pictured on the side of the machine so we assumed we could use it. We were told to go in a pay at reception. The amount that showed up on the machine inside was an extra 40 Cz crowns than what we were shown outside. I tried to explain that to the receptionist, but she was having none of it. She ended up changing our 1000 note and telling us to go back outside, and then simply walked away, snarling. I was left standing there with my mouth wide open -- in all of my travels I have never encountered someone so rude and blase as I did here. This is not what the tourism industry is about. Would not recommend the hotel based on that experience alone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank saturdayedition

Travelers are raving about these Karlovy Vary hotels

Sandviken, Sweden
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Karlovy Vary is an old small beautiful town with amazing buildings in the old traditional czech style.
There’s a coherence among the surrounding buildings but the Thermal hotel doesn’t do this place justice. It ruins the ancient vibe of this breathtaking story-book-like town, but on the other hand reminds about the communist history of the country. First and foremost the staff is indifferent, not very helpful when help is asked, for instance, we wanted to book a spa treatment at the so-called popular spa and were directed to call the spa directly only to find out that they only spoke Czech as if the hotel staff would not know that! Upon asking them to help us call and book for us, they did but in a nonchalant manner. The décor in the room was plain, boring, kind of what one would expect in a hostel or 2 star hotel…
Then came the breakfast, not so much to choose from…. Very average.
Would I stay at this hotel again? No! Would I visit Karlovy Vary again? Yes.
Note: This beautiful town is full of elegant shops so if you love to shop there’s lots of jewelry and fancy clothing shops and prices are not that cheap either especially along the promenade.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stelfe2
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked a single with half board and got 5 treatments included and got a really good rate especially as it was during the film festival.

The room was extremely tired and was probably pretty nice in the 70's, it had basic facilities and I would call it 2* at the most .. I had a balcony and it gave great views of beautiful Karlovy Vary.

The location of the hotel was perfect for me, right between the old and new parts of town, the reception staff were really polite and friendly and the medical treatments were relaxing.

The Hotel's external architecture is pretty brutal, but what can you do about that ! (In fact I quite like it), I just wish it would have a refurb in the rooms and it would be really nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 15ian20
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My wife and I didn't actually stay at this hotel, we arrived in Karlovy Vary and parked in their parking lot as cars are not allowed in the city centre area.

The parking is $40 Kc per hour and after parking, I headed in and asked for a map of the city. It's a very good map that shows where all the springs are and other places of interest. It's nice and big as well so you don't have to search for things with any difficulty.

The three female staff minding the desk all look unhappy to be there, no smiles and even when I thanked one for the map in the Czech language, there was no response verbally or facially.

We walked around the town and after getting back to pay for parking, there were two people in front of me dealing with staff.

They weren't very pleasant and seemed to have the I-wish-I-were-somewhere-else look. They were quite busy, so I suppose with this type of environment, nobody would be happy.

I asked to pay for parking, the lady was very perfunctory and not friendly. I can see why this hotel ranks so low on TripAdvisor. The environment seems so poisoned with negative vibes.

As well, the hotel allows smoking inside. It reeked of cigarettes. Yuck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple