“Recurring happiness!”
Review of Grandhotel Pupp

Grandhotel Pupp
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Karlovy Vary
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Every year in springtime I check into the same suite at The Grandhotel Pupp and every year it feels like a second home . It is one of the great highlights of the social calender that brings me and so many others here every spring to enjoy festivities, good food and dancing at this excellent hotel. I have witnessed its restauration and year by year it just becomes better as does the service. Even my two little dogs got V.I.P treatment with special dog beds, toys and goodies! The new spa is a lovely bonus too. Thank you for making me, and those I love, feel like special guests, -every time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the front with french doors. They are lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maria D

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Most beautifull holliday which you can imagine. Lovely vintage architecture around, and Pupp is like a castle and you have that honour to live there. Beautifull nature everywhere around make feeling that you are in the fairytale. You will remember visit of Pupp for rest of your life!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank zamoc
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent new spa-area, very individual and luxurious rooms, it´s a very recommended place to be. The restaurant and bar in the basement are marvellous! The location in the most beautiful part of Karlsbad is magnificent. Especially in spring and autumn it is one of the most loveliest places in the world.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel holds a special place in my heart. I have been spending my summers here for as long as I can remember. When I was a girl, I'd spend summers here with my father who worked in the Czech Republic, not to far from the hotel. My father was also good friends with the owner of the hotel. Some of my most distant memories are of a grand ball in which all the people were dressed so beautifully. There were so many people speaking so many foreign tongues. I remember hiding under the table cloth and sneaking a slice of cake from the large, beautiful cake. I can still taste it. It was, and will always be, the most delicious cake I have ever, and will probably ever, consume. I remember roaming through the kitchen and the service areas not seen by the guests. Coming year after year, I began to make good friends with the staff. I would watch the band rehearse in the ball room and accompany the maids when cleaning the rooms. I specifically remember once, a maid allowed me to look at the presidential suite and her saying in a sweet, tender voice "Nyní Judy, ty nesmím se ničeho dotknout." I remember being in awe in its extravagant appointments. It was so luxurious and grand in it scale. I will never forget it. I saw where the sheets were washed, where the food was made, where they stored all the fine china, where they pressed the napkins, and much much more. Today, I envy that wide-eyed little girl I once was. Walking in brings in a realm of memories; my father, the grand parties, the rooms. I will never forget the experiences I had in Grandhotel Pupp. It's where I found myself.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy2342352662724
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a wonderful stay in a great hotel in a great neighborhood. The staff is fantastic. As soon as you step in the door you forget that you are in the middle of Carlsbad. You step back in time and feel like you are entering an chateau. Common areas are charming. The rooms are unique and very comfortable, newly refurbished. Everything is top notch. Excellent location. We got an upgrade - room 150 with a view over the Tepla river and spa promenade.
We parked our car in front of the hotel, offered valet parking for free.

There is also wellness center entrance included in the room rate. Bathrobes and slippers were already in room. Wellness area is new, built in modern design. We like it. They use L'Occitane cosmetic in the shower. What a treat.

Delicious breakfast, huge selection of everything you could ever imagine. Newspapers available as well.

And one last thing which required to be mentioned -- I have been staying in many many hotels, but receiving a turndown service is something I did not experienced for a long time. It was a nice surprise when we returned from the city that our bed made for sleeping with choco on the pillow. Just PERFECT!

We are glad we have chosen this hotel. And yes, we will do our best to come back again for more days than just 2.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank radunkar
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

One of the best spa resorts in Europe - old-World palace-hotel with recently added superb spa. Stayed in magnificent junior suite. The only minor faux pas I can report is the lack of ac in the room (simple fan provided instead) - not a problem in rainy and coldish mid-September but might be in hotter months. Everything else is simply superb and in line with what one can only hope to get from palace-hotel. It is a bit too pricey for a hotel in Czech Republic and reception staff could occassionally smile, but you can hardly find many better hotels than Pupp

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank hefnerjr
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel has a great history but seriously need some reconstruction.
Our suite was nice and well located but need some painting for sure.
Staff seemed kind of confused and not really sure what to do.
Location is just perfect, walking distance everywhere

Room Tip: Large suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends