The Pupp is to Karlovy Vary what the Walldorf Astoria is to New York, the Raffles Hotel is to Singapore, or the Ritz is to London. Iconic, historical and traditional. However, unlike the oils mentioned above, the Pupp, while nice, is not a 5-star hotel. The exterior of the building is magnificent, in the Baden-Baden or Nice way. The location is great: by the river, in a river bend, surrounded by boutiques and restaurants. Although: be warned that you can book a table in a cute Italian restaurant but end up listening to Russian elevator music (live).... My room at the. Pupp was a Superior, clean and very large (certainly compared to hotels in Paris or London). Wifi throughout the hotel, nice bar in the basement and a classy restaurant (did not try).
Now for the negatives: flat and stiff pillows, bathtub without a curtain, no shower, 21-in CRT tv with 4:3 screen ratio, lack of outlets (room dating back to times before we needed to recharge iPods, mobile phones, laptops...), spartan room furnishing, room lacking overal coziness.
Make your choice..... Certainly not a bad place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, the Grandhotel Pupp is one of Europe's most famous historical hotels. Talking about its history would take a while, because it dates back to 1701. In recent years the Grandhotel Pupp has hosted illustrious names from the movie world including Morgan Freeman, Gregory Peck, Sharon Stone, Robert Redford, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nikita Michalkov. Such stars have descended on the hotel especially for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival each year at the beginning of July. As well as modern-day celebrities, the hotel has also attracted eminent historical figures from culture and the arts including German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe, composers Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvorak, violinist Nicolo Paganini, writer Franz Kafka and master of Art Nouveau Alfons Mucha. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a cafe, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher's Bar provides entertainment in the evening. The Grandhotel Pupp invites guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. The Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. Grandhotel Pupp - If you want a chance to see a star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary