“Old charm”
Review of Grandhotel Pupp

Grandhotel Pupp
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Karlovy Vary
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2days in September.Its a landmark hotel.The rooms were small but nice .we stayed in a renovated room.The bathroom was spacious.breakfast is very good. The spa was dirty,especially the Thai one.Ther was no privacy and people were walking around everywhere near the sauna.we could say the hotel is nicely located,but there is only one Main Street in this town and all the hotels are in this street.It is actually at one end of the street.All in all its a nice historical building and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bhavana m

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stated at the Grandhotel Pupp for one night as a part of our trip to Prague. I chose This particular hotel because of its beauty and its history. It was also surprisingly inexpensive for a 5 star hotel so I booked a junior suite.

The hotel itself is a landmark. It is over 300 years old and has made numerous appearances in movies and TV shows. While there's no doubt that the hotel is beautiful and elegant, the decor on the insdie wasn't really my style.

Our room was a corner room, which was a little more spacious than average junior suites. We had our own corner balcony and I felt like a princess standing on it looking out. Our living room was huge and the bedroom and bathroom were both quite nice. The bed was really comfortable. The TVs were quite small.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious with a made to order omelet and pancake station. If they have it, absolutely grab the cinnamon roll pastry. It was one of the best pastries I have had.

I find that the service at the hotel to be below expectation. The lady who checked us in was quite indifferent and borderline rude. The few other employees we encountered were all similar. While it's nothing to report to the manager about, it definitely did not meet the standards of a five star hotel.

We were looking forward to using the spa facilities as we have been traveling for a while in hotels that don't have them. The relaxton area as they call it, was dissapointging as well. The front desk lady was oaky to me, but she was really rude to my boyfriend. The whole spa area was very small for the size of the hotel. They had only 4 beds and 1 jacuzzi, a small sauna and 2 tiny steam rooms. The whole area is co-Ed but some people were completely naked! We didnt know if that was the common practive here, but it made us extremely uncomrtable. We left without even going in the sauna.

The other thing that made me not give the hotel a full rating is the ridiculous price of the mini bar. A 200ml bottle of Evian water was 200 crowns! Sure the mini bars are always expensive but that was just outrageous.

Overall our stay was quite pleasant just for the fact that Karlovry Vary is absolutely beautiful and our room was really really comfortable. If I ever get a chance to visit Karlovy Vary, I will check to see if there is a newe, better hotel out there, if not, I will probably stay at Pupp again for the lack of something better.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank justinehsu
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everything about this place screams elegance, class, beauty.

The hotel was featured in Last Holiday (with Queen Latifah) and in one of the James Bond films.

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times were just as good.

The room/s we had were fabulous, it was like having your very own luxury apartment if you go for a suite ... double rooms were good too.

It has a lounge and a lovely bar. A fine dining restaurant and a more casual restaurant if you don't want to spend a fortune every night for dinner.

The band were cool singing soft melodies and English Pop.

Bartenders are top notch and really take care of you if you are there for the evening.

infact the whole staff is wonderful and I don't have a bad word to say about any of them.

The location was by far my favourite aspect of the hotel... it really is picturesque with the river outside and the ancient buildings, just lovely.

If there was one little glitch I would have to say that I was expecting the spa to be a little better (but maybe that's because I was comparing it to the film :)) and this is not a major disappointment as it wasn't terrible and also there are plenty of other spas in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank XGlobetrottingXGirlX
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The grand hotel is grand indeed. Be sure to ask to be in the main building, we were in the annex and it seemed we had to walk to the other side for everything, the spa, breakfast a morning paper. The new spa is under construction when we were there, so I cannot comment on that, but I did take a mud bath and it was very relaxing and the technicians were wonderful even with my limited Czech language skills. The breakfast was so fabulous, fresh made to order omelets and pancakes, plus a huge variety of foods and great coffee. My only negative remark is that I emailed them ahead of time about internet access and they said I could use the computer in the lobby for free, but when I got there they said you would have to pay to use it, also wi-fi is not free unless you opt for a junior suite. That said I would stay there again as the hotel is beautiful and the location is great for mid-Karlovy Vary.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MySeaBiscuit13
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I felt old. A very old retired guy.

I'm 35 and did not see this one coming. The hotel is wonderful, amazing antique style, but suited for a 60+ couples or families. Whatever.

Someone should walk into this city and set a new modern trendy style hotels for the younger generation.

Breakfast was amazing, the bedrooms huge, and the bathrooms clean. The service was attentive and friendly with a great staff working hard to please. The beds however, were a bit tough. Location? The very best.

Didn't have a chance to experience the spa which was fully booked for the duration of my stay. Tried two other locations instead.

Room Tip: If you are young, used for trendy modern hotels and cities that have a night life, avoid the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Aldarmi
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Karlovy Vary is a place not to miss, but if you do not stay at the Grand Hotel PUPP, you are missing a lot. You will be missing the excellent service, the luxurious rooms and its settings, the location in the middle of the valley, overlooked by Diana tower, and leading the path to its beautiful rivewr bordering houses.
Couples will enjoy the most romantic stay, and plan to have a two/three weeks cure plans if you can. A MUST.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eddy J
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my Wife and my son Birhtday, So I wante a great Birthday Present, So we went to spend the weekend at the hotel <roomservice Spa and all the comforts
My Famyli love it, And we walk around the town, and drink the water(*I did not like it) We got some cups and ropes from the hotel, and they have travel!!

Room Tip: This place is not cheat But is the best money thar I ever spend
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family