“Perfect service and collection of Czech wine”
Review of Boromeum Residence

Boromeum Residence
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hradec Kralove
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you are in Hradec and want to spend some quality time sipping wine while having a good time with your friends this place is the right choice. They have always taken a great care of us there and 20/20 wines we have tested there were always fantastic especially for the price we have payed

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaroslav K

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were so nicely surprised by the clean and comfortable room for our large family. There is absolutely nothing to complain about, price was great, for being a residence the service was excellent. The cafe/bar next door nothing but friendly service. I have been traveling all my life and by far never felt so at home as I did here. I highly recommended the Boromeum Residence.
Just for information we had four children with us, the older children (10 and 12) loved the upper loft bed area, while the babies (10 months and three years) never slept better with their parents in our own bedroom. Kitchen was fully supplied, so making bottles or coffee was a great convenience.

Room Tip: Top floor 5 had a great view of the city!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Right in the pretty old town area, just off the big central square. In what looks like traditional old building but apartments are newly referbished to a high standard. Spacious, clean with well equity kitchens and lounge. Satelite TV, free high speed wifi, Nice modern bathroom good shower.
My only grip was curtains need to be thicker or blinds installed in addition in bedroom. As nice bright mornings woke me earlier than I'd have liked. Despite that I will not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent 4 nights here and this was our favourite accomodation from a 6 week trip. The residence is an historic building in the heart of the old city - 2 minutes walk from the main square, but amazingly quiet at night. The old city is really beautiful and this is a good base to explore the surrounding areas as well. (We did day trips to the Cesky Raj and Adrspach Rock Town - different days). The apartments are nicely furnished, very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with a large fridge/freezer, hotplates, a grill, electric jug and basic utensils. We had a bath and shower and we were able to do our laundry at no charge. The manager was very helpful. We were able to park in the street outside the hotel for free and we could see our vehicle from our window, Internet (wired) was available free. The only negatives were no hairdryer or toaster - but we used the grill.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Newly refurbished apartment block with all the amenities you could need. Very close to the town centre with many bars and restaurants. You'll need to head towards the new town to buy things for breakfast.

The lovely room we had sounds the same as Willem's so I'll just cut and paste "comprised a double bed in a loft area upstairs and a double bed in the second bed room, a clean and modern bathroom and a spacious living room and kitchen".

The downsides are that there is no air conditioning, a nearby bar stayed open till 2:00am and people were still wandering around shouting at 5:00am. I should say we stayed on a Friday night and it may be quieter on other nights.

I would return but I'd make sure we knew where the ear plugs were this time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SugarloafView
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our room was modern, clean, quiet and minutes from the town square. We loved having a small kitchen for when we didn't want to eat out. We were surprised to find coffee and tea waiting for us as well. The bathroom and shower were spacious and sparkling. We've already recommended it to friends and look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phisty
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Being a regular guest of Bonato hotel in Nachod, I had some trouble finding another good hotel in Hradec Kralove so I tried the apartments. I ended up at Boromeum which is ideally located just 1 minute walk from the Old Town Square. Not only this but after checking in we found a spotless modern decorated apartment. A double bed in a loft area upstairs and a double bed in the second bed room, a clean and modern bathroom and a spacious living room and kitchen. I did not miss the hotels at all. We had dinner with our family and could enjoy breakfast in the apartment and everything was just fine. The proprietor, mister Kratochvil even came and hooked up a wireless modem so that we could enjoy Wifi in our apartment. The price was nothing to complain about we got a very good deal and when visiting Czech Republic again, I will definitally make use of this apartments again. I can surely recommend it. The only courtesy they could improve on is informing the guests when the streetcleaners are coming, before I get dragged from under the shower and have to move my car with only a few clothes on.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family