“Czech ranch”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Cheb
Chyne, Czech Republic
“Czech ranch”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Little USA in Czech republic for all who do not like to travel long distances. Very nicely made area, lot of activities to do. Perfect location fo german tourists, because the De border is near. A lot of animals around and nice nature

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
Melnik, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We (my wife and two little kids) stayed two nights.

The reason of travel was my class reunion, so my wife stayed one evening alone with the kids in the room and it was very dissapointing to have no internet access and cable TV (a room on the 3rd floor above the restaurant).
The reception service would also need some improvement. Except for the nice older lady (which seemed to be the owner's wife) the receptionsts were indifferent to our concerns.
After our departure and a bit hasty morning, I learnt that we were charged for services we didn't order. I wanted to pay the night before our departure (as I always do) but the reception was already closed (cca. 9 p.m.).

However, the location is amazing and very quiet. There are great opportunities for outdoor trips and activities (horseback riding with a very friendly instructor, bicycle riding, trips to the surrounding nature or historical town of Cheb). Our 2-year old enjoyed the playground.
The restaurant is o.k. and the waitrers were very caring, although a bit forgetfull ;-).
The breakfast was a standard. The choice was not small not great and tasty. I would avoid the ice cold sunny-side-up eggs and the brown tasteless liquid they called coffee.

Overall, we enjoyed the stay and I rated as "Very good" mainly thanks to the lousy competition. I always love my trips Cheb, but I will never understand why the hotels are of such a low standard there. Hotel Stein is the best of the Cheb's hotels I stayed in.

Room Tip: Rooms above the reception are probably better than the ones above the restaurant (no internet and no...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lukas K
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel is very clean, nice, new. The rooms are big and good furnitured. The little ZOO is interesting and all the animals are very lovely. Kitchen is very tasty and restaurant and the bar also interesting. The personál is profesional. Playground for our kids Were great

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet located in the nature with the view on animals
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and I did not enjoyed, the receptionist only speaks German and Czech, so it is a little bit difficult to get info from her, what really disappointed me was that she was rude if you don't speak something she understands I speak a little bit of German but she was not very patient, the restaurant was good for Breakfast but it seems they are short on staff when they have a big group. The rooms are very simple, a TV, 2 Lamps, a drawer and a chair not even a phone or a clock, the location is great if you want to stay near a lake and that's it, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JLOPZ

Travelers are raving about these Cheb hotels

Oslo
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed there just for one night. Because we ha a child we where upgraded to a big room. We didn't miss much but I think it was a bit boring please to stay longer.
The dinner in the restaurant was ok for the price.

The receptionist didn't speak english and I had to search for people working there because they tend to hide from the reception.

The animals where few and not possible to get close to. Not very interesting.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheb
Hotel & Restaurant Barbarossa
#17 of 27 in Frantiskovy Lazne
Penzion Masek
Penzion Masek
#2 of 12 in Cheb

Been to Hotel Stein? Share your experiences!