“Very welcoming and convenient .”
Review of Pension Amadeus

Pension Amadeus
Ranked #17 of 138 Cesky Krumlov B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming and convenient .”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I chose this Hotel because it was priced well and had private car parking . On arriving I was welcomed by the owner, it is family run, and shown the room . I was very pleased , it was a large ground floor room, good bathroom with bath/shower, heated towel rack with plenty of towels and plenty of space for hanging clothes. It had TV and the free wifi was ok. There is no restaurant but the owner gave me a street map and recommended a place to eat typical Czech food. It is a very pleasant level walk into the beautiful ,historic town centre. Breakfast was fine. I was only passing through and would love to spend more time here, I would definitely stay in this hotel and can recommend it .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank wilkie28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 2, 2013

When we stopped at a gas station to get our bearings, a cabbie said "I know the way. Follow me." We did. It was a simple drive from the gas station, a large sign pointed the way to Pension Amadeus. What a wonderful welcome to Cesky Krumlov! It was just as nice at the pension and in the Old Town. Our room was lovely, the parking protected and ample behind the pension, breakfast delicious. The room was very clean, had a cute bathtub, attractive. There were several English channels on tv and the wifi worked in the room. We paid a mere $77 which included breakfast at 3 euro each and parking 4 euro. That's a bargain, especially with the kindness of the staff and the wonderful accommodations. The town is charming as expected, a short picturesque walk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trnava, Slovacchia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As you arrive, the building doesn't look very nice; it looks renewed but not so attractive. Only when you step in, you can realize which nice place it is, with the meticulous attention given to a lot of particulars: the small but nice reception, the "white and candid" room for the breakfast, the silent and active presence of the very kind staff, ready to support you in the best way. The rooms are very comfortable even if, personally, i didn't like to pillow (too soft) but this is quite common in this area :). The furniture is "IKEA like" and all looks very new and practical. We had a three room bed and there was space enough for everything; a small round table with three chairs was located between the two small windows, perfect place for a laptop or a quick "pizza". There is a TV with a lot of German, French and Czech channels (the only Italian channel - RAI1 - was not running) and very close a pizzeria take-away can deliver in few minutes something to eat directly to the room. The bathroom has a bathtub. The location is 5-7 min walking to the city center. A private car parking is available. Nice place in the quietness of the historical Cesky Krumlov.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MassimoBarberio
Winchester, VA
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here as a solo traveler for one night in mid-November. My room, and what I could see of the rest of the pension, was spotlessly clean. It was nicely decorated, and the heating worked very well. The heated towel rack in the bathroom was also a nice touch in November. I was surprised by an earlier review that said it was noisy, because I found it to be very quiet. Of course it was the off-season, so maybe that made a difference. But it's on a very small street next to the river, hardly a major thoroughfare. The breakfast for 3 euros was definitely worth it. The couple running the pension spoke excellent English, and were very pleasant. In all, I can highly recommend this pension.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I organized a trip to Český Krumlov for my American students and chose Penzion Amadeus. We had absolutely excellent experience - the penzion is in a wonderful location, close to center of town, the rooms are beautiful, spacious, unique, cozy, very clean, breakfast amazing, the owners welcoming, helpful, accommodating, kind and professional. I recommend to anyone - you will not be disappointed! Marketa San Diego

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were there in early October. The room is clean and warm. Very nice bath room. The breakfast costs EUR3 and is very good. The boss drove us to the bus station by himself on the check-out day. We really appreciate that and thank for his kindness. Btw, parking is possible as there is a yard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The best thing about this pension is that it has off-street parking. But it is located between two busy streets, on a bus stop, so there is lots of traffic noise. All the rooms available during our stay were on the top floor. We asked for a fan, but none was available. It was very hot, almost no breeze came through the small windows so it was hard to sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
vachta, Owner at Pension Amadeus, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dears

Thank you chose the Amadeus Pension in Czech Krumlov. Unfortunately, I'm sorry that you are generally their first review the tripadvisors wrote negatively. I really try to make guests were happy with us.

I would like to respond to some points in your review from our side:

1, Room on the lower floor we offer you not because you ordered a standard room in the 2nd floor - as indicated when booking. All standard rooms have only the 2nd floor and nowhere else.

2, Unfortunately there have been in the extreme heat of the June (36 ° C), Czech Republic, which normally are not. Fans available to us. If someone asked you, would of course give you the fan. Personally, I have you moved from room to room No.5 and No.6 anything you asked.

3, Pension Amadeus is in a relatively quiet part of town, the nearest bus stop is about 300 meters from us, certainly not under the window ...

Thank you for visiting with us, I believe that the next time you will be happier.