“Amazing staff and location”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend break.

The hotel is in a great location, next to the castle and right on the edge of the historic centre (which is a pedestrian zone), meaning you can drive all the way up to the hotel to drop off your luggage. Hotel car park is about five minutes walk away and free of charge, yet secured.

Stayed in on of the Superior-category rooms, both room and bathroom were big enough for a short stay and impeccably clean, tastefully furnished. Only downside was no minibar in the room and the bed, which instead of a double matress had two single-sized matresses next to each other, leaving an annoying gap in the middle... in my opinion that really has no place in a four star hotel.

The staff on the other hand were all fantastic without a single exception, throughout our stay they were incredibly friendly and extraordinarily helpful, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Really made our stay.

The hotel has its own heater/boiler which on one night broke following the arrival of a large tour group, however even then the staff handled it as best they could, did their utmost to fix the problem ASAP and minimize any inconvenience to us.

Breakfasts are served in a cozy, quiet room and offer good variety no matter when you show up.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay, I definitely would (and indeed will) recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Cesky Krumlov, highly doubt you could find a better one.

Room Tip: Room numbers starting with double zero are on ground floor close to reception, meaning they might ge...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tomas S

Reviewed February 1, 2014

If you enter Cesky Krumlov through the main gate, you will run right into the hotel entrance. Room was large, the bed was very comfortable, and the thick terrycloth bathrobes are a nice touch. Breakfast is served in a pleasant room just off of the lobby and had plenty of choices of both hot and cold foods. ALL of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I arrived before the regular check-in time but checking in early wasnt a problem. My room overlooked the main street, but I stayed in december so noise wasnt an issue--but I can see being bothered by revellers in the streets during the summertime, so maybe an inner room would be your best choice if you are a light sleeper. Le Jardin restaurant is a bit expensive but worth every penny! Best meal I had during my week stay in Czech Repubic! This was my second stay at the Bellevue and if I ever return to Cesky Krumlov I wil stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank franklin962
HotelBellevue05, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Franklin962,
I would like personaly thank you for your comment. I am happy you have been satisfied with services of the Belleveu hotel in Cesky Krumlov.
Martin Kocourek,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed with a group in Sept 2013. The staff was courteous, prompt in replying to email inquires, very accommodating. It's not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you need for a short stay. Location is great very close to the castle and the sound of the church bells added a very nice touch. Breakfast was served in a nice area with lots of choices and amazing local honey.

The best part of staying here was by far the wonderful Le Jardin restaurant. Most people go for "medieval dinner" choices in various taverns in town, but I am so grateful and relieve that we did not. In fact, this restaurant provided us with the best dinner and memories of the whole trip. The degustation menu with accompanying wine was such a treat. Very tender venison stake and pineapple gazpacho for dessert were the stars! And the management was very kind allowing us to enjoy this special meal in the wine cellar of the restaurant. If I could rate this on the scale of 1 to 10, it'd be a 100!!! Even if you do not stay at the hotel, treat yourself to the best food your money can buy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna K

Dear Anna K,

it has been a big pleasure for me to read your comment about your stay in Bellevue hotel in Cesky Krumlov.
I am so happy you still remember your visit in our Le Jardin restaurant. There is nothing better for a hotelier than getting comments like this:-)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our stay was excellent! I booked a room with 50% discount and when we arrived our room was upgraded to superior executive room. Well-prepared brekfast and private sauna for free. Location is nice, just in the touristy city-centre. Really worth visiting

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelBellevue05, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ekaterina,
I would like to thank you for your valuable comment. It is pleasure for me to read such a nice opinion about the services at Bellevue Hotel. Especially your comment about our breakfast make me happy and I will share it with my colleagues.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We weren't expecting much from our trip to Cesky Krumlov which came as a last minute decision. As we browsed through numerous hotels in the area, we didn't find anything special, until one day, we stumbled upon this hotel with great reviews from Trip Advisor. We booked a standard double room. When we got there, there was a young lady who was filling in for the receptionist. She was very nice then I asked her if there's a possibility to upgrade our room as we were walking towards the room that I booked, so I can see it first, but then she stopped me, turned around, smiled and said, that she has already upgraded us, not to the next level but to a JUNIOR SUITE which is just a notch below their flagship suite! There were welcome letters with discount coupons inside that were waiting for us in the room. We were thrilled and was really happy that they did all of this for us. The staff was great, everybody was available for anything. The breakfast was good too and they even asked us our preferred time so they can make sure that everything is ready by then. We also opted for the massage which was very good too. We, without a doubt will come back in spring and we've actually thought of bringing our families so that they can experience the same warmth, hospitality, comfort and coziness that Hotel Bellevue provided us while we were in Cesky Krumlov. This hotel is highly recommended!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their own unique qualities. We enjoyed the junior suite but we are sure that t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our stay during Christmas time was excellent! The staff was very friendly and helpful! Our room was tastefully furnished and clean. Great location near the beautifull historic center! We enjoyed it very much! Thank you! We´ll definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KlaraP,
thank you so much for your nice comment. I am happy we made your day:-). We are looking forward to welcome you back in beautiful Cesky Krumlov.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The room was big and wonderful. I think the room was called Franz, and it was in the roof of this superb medieval building. Great breakfast,and fair pricing. It was a perfect romantic getaway for us. Sure to come back someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin K, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Alex I,
thank you so much for your friendly comment. I am glad to hear you had a beautiful time in our hotel.
I am looking forward with my team to welcome you again in Cesky Krumlov.
Have a great day,