Hostel Krumlov House & WriteAway Retreat
$200
Hotel Bellevue
Sporthotel Zaton(Cesky Krumlov)
$164
Hotel Old Inn(Cesky Krumlov)
$200
$107
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Zlaty Andel(Cesky Krumlov)
$172
Hotel Mlyn(Cesky Krumlov)
Penzion Weber(Cesky Krumlov)
Hotel Barbora(Cesky Krumlov)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommon roomprivate roomhand drawn mapone nightthe busstayed longerthe riverplace to staybeautiful townfantastic stayshared bathroomtown centrefairy talestudent agency busstayed here for nightsmin walkcarolyn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Krumlov is a beautiful and magical town, especially over Christmas. It happened to us to stay in this hostel for three nights and how lovely it was! The hostel is a really special place and we felt so much welcomed! Christmas Eve was truly unforgettable, we all made something small to eat and we shared it together. I felt like surrounded by people I had known for years. I'll definitely try to go back and bring more people along!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The most lovely place you could find in Cesky Krumlov. The owner, Carolyn is really the nicest owner I've ever seen during my travel around the world. The guests are probably hand-picked (as Carolyn suggests XD) because everyone is so nice and friendly as long as you don't feel shy and hide in the room.

We ended up having a dinner with a bunch of friends from the States, South Africa, Australia and Hong Kong and it was so awesome. We lit up the fireworks up the hill together, we ran to the town square trying to make it for the countdown and we hug each other wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

It is really the best place to stay if you are looking for a nice and cozy place to stay in Cesky Kurmlov, trying to get a taste of home instead even you are in the midst of nowhere. However, if you are a baby (like all the critics) who can't stand a smell which all hundreds years old houses have, or you expect something fancy like Plasma TV, maids, high power shower, I suggest you to stay at home. Travelling is about discovering, making new friends and of course compromising for some imperfections. Feeling is all that matters and Kurmlov House really makes everything so special and memorable.

They provide kitchen for you, and any electric appliances you could ever need of. They even provide free coffee and hot chocolate (that must be counted as something). Book excahnge, board games, and occasionally the owner's dogs to play with. Basically a heaven for backpackers as well as normal travelling family.

I will definitely be back with my family, and would highly recommend everyone (not spoiled baby though) to stay at Krumlov House.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
CarolynZukowski, Owner at Hostel Krumlov House & WriteAway Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Wow! Thanks!
It's true that people who demand perfectly straight corners, or lots of glass and melamine won't be happy here. Luckily, we attract a lovely crowd of people (like yourself) who appreciate our hand-crafted wooden interiors, the well-stocked, very large kitchen, and all the common space for meeting and greeting friends. Thanks so much for your passionate response to the spoiled babies! I couldn't say it better myself :)
Happy travels,

Carolyn x

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I just love this place sooooooooooooo much. Best owners and workers there and you don't have to worry about communication as they are english native speakers. There were so many people who came back and worked there as hostel managers because they loved that place so much. I don't know why but people who stay in this place are so friendly and nice too so I made many friends there! People here tries to help you nearly everything you need. I definitely am coming back here as others :D

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi there,

Judging from the wonderful guest remarks in our guestbook, you were here with some really great and fun people! I think it's the smallness of the hostel that makes people more "real" and more likely to help you with anything. We love our guests. It's as simple as that!
Please come back and visit us again someday :)

Carolyn x

Reviewed December 25, 2013

this house is wonderful!!
If you want to feel like that you are in a fairy tale, I recommend strongly this house.
This house is located between the Bus terminal and Krumlov town.

Krumlov is a really small town. So, It can be a good way to make goon memories that have a time in this lovely and gorgeous House at night time.

Room Tip: A roof top room is really good to person who want silent atmosphere. But Dorm is good to people too. It'll makes people feel like being dwarfs in "Hobbit"(a Fantasy Movie).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights just before Christmas as a backpacker.

The best thing about this hostel is how warm the atmosphere is inside. The staff are friendly, and for me turned into family. There's a genuine passion from all the staff and they'll do their utmost to help you out if needed. The facilities are also excellent; a full kitchen. And the dorms are also great: comfortable single beds. The location also could not be much better.

Very happy with my stay in this hostel and would definitely recommend to anyone going to Cesky Krumlov.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo