Lowest prices for your stay
$113
$123
Trip.com
$98
Hotels.com$113
Priceline$131
Hurb$147
All reviews czech republic top floor there is no air conditioning great room stairs lindner
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel has old world charm and a great central location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are dated and the many stairs make you feel like you're living in a Salvador Dali painting. If you're wheelchair handicapped, you won't want to stay here. The Don Julius restaurant was very conveniently located downstairs and is very good.

The Family Suite (#17) had 2 good size rooms but only a small dining area and kitchen which was not fully equipped. No coffee machine or cooking utensils. The two Presidential Suites had fantastic views of the square and castle and the bathrooms were huge and modern. However, the bed in Room 28 was very creaky.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. The ladies who work the dining room are very pleasant and polite.

Internet is VERY slow and unreliable.

My only real problem with the hotel was that I had a wad of credit card receipts I had left on the dining table. After the first day, I could not find them anywhere. My only conclusion was that the housekeeper threw them away. I asked the front desk manager if housekeeping would normally throw receipts away. She said she would look into it. The second morning I went back to the front desk to see if they had anymore information. Low and behold, another front desk manager handed me the wad of receipts. He said he did not know what happened, but they had found them. Obviously, the receipts were not thrown away. It just makes me wonder what the housekeeper intended to do with them. I looked to make sure none of the receipts had my credit card printed, and I continue to monitor my accounts. Lesson learned: Keep your receipts and other valuables hidden and safe.

Room tip: The Presidential Suites (28 & 29) have great views of the square and the castle. Just be aware the suites are 2 flights up.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank puchochot1
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Though the building is old and without and elevator, the services are great, they will help you with luggages. Breakfast is ok. The best thing is the bath tube, after a day's walking, it is really great to soothe in it!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Last time I stayed here 14 years ago I left with happy memories. This time the stay at Zlaty Andel was just as good. Excellent room, lovely ambience, relaxing atmosphere and good service. The location could not be better; on the main square just a short walk from the castle

2  Thank Graham J
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Every building in Krumlov seems to a type of hotel of some sort or another. Being right on the main square, the Zlaty Andel is perfectly located. Every one was helpful and pleasant as well. Our room was large with an "interesting" layout - bathroom and sitting room up on a second level - made for a nice funky/quirky feel. Our bed was comfortable, while the iron furniture looked great, wasn't much for lounging during breaks in the day. All up, do recommend this hotel.

Room tip: I think there are numerous different layouts, so just select from what you can decipher on their website.
Date of stay: April 2014
2  Thank CharlieOrlando
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Cesky Krumlov for only one night, but made the best of it while at the Zlaty Andel. From check-in and after check-out, their service was terrific. The rooms were quite charming, filled with character from the antique armoires to the room's views of the town. After we had left the country, I realized I'd left my wedding band behind here and the staff was kind enough to mail it to the United States at no charge to us. Thank you for a wonderful experience in Cesky Krumlov!

Room tip: The roads are right below the hotel and church bells chime all night, so I'd suggest asking for a high-level, away-from-church room.
Date of stay: April 2014