“Must have changed Chef”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here even after reading the poor review by Martin94 because I was sold on AustinS mouth watering description of the thin crusted pizza. Well I guess they must have changed Chef after Austin's visit as the pizza I had was not that thin and was fairly hard with very little cheese on it. I ordered the pizza Napoli.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Anytime I go somewhere I check where to go on Tripadvisor. This time I did the same and unfortunatelly end up in Nonna Gina. The place looks quite nice, service seems ok as well and first impression is not bad at all. But you are not coming to such places to inhale the atmosphere...

After long walk in Cesky Krumlov we wanted to have a good lunch. We did a mistake and didn't order pizza but went for pasta. Both of our meals were bad. Pasta was obviously undercooked and seafood smelled. They didn't even know how to make proper coffee. Instead of espresso we got something really disgusting. I would be really disappointed by Cesky Krumlov if I was there on my own. Luckily I was there with pretty girl so it was nice day in the end!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went into Nonna Gina expecting an average Czech pizza. As a jaded American, I think I know pizza fairly well, and most Czech pizza is edible and no more. Well, my cynicism was entirely misplaced: Nona Ginna served the single best pizza I've ever eaten.

The crust was lovely, crispy, and thin. There was just enough sauce to boost the flavor, without overwhelming us. Each topping had obviously been individually pre-cooked for perfect texture and flavor. For 140-180 Kc each (that's $6-8, folks), it was one hell of a deal.

It was so good that, like many other reviewers, we went back twice. We got a kitchen sink of a pizza the first time (tomato sauce, mozzarella, artichokes, green olives, and mushrooms), which was stellar, and a cream-based pizza the second time (cream sauce, mozzarella, broccoli, and mushrooms), which converted my cream-sauce-skeptic fiancée entirely.

Go there.

1  Thank Austin S
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pizza is in italian style, very thin. The antipasti was also very good. But we prefer the Czech beer to the wine.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to this place on the recommendation of our walking tour guide. Just really yummy pizza and gnocchi. We were stuffed by the time we left. Cute place and much needed departure from meat and potatoes.

1  Thank Argus1Boston