“So upset and never seen any restaurants like this place in my whole life.”

Papa's Living Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stunning terrace with old town and castle overwiev, international cuisine - steaks, home-made pasta, salads, czech cuisine, the Finest Czech and European wines. Come and try!
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

I was told to go inside to get a wifi and come back to my table for the meal. However, while i was trying to just get the wifi connection, they moved my table without telling me to inside where dark and no view to the river. I even tried to change my bus schedule to Prague, because i loved the view from the restaurant and i wanted to enjoy the view and food long enough. But how can they just moved my stuff and everything without my consen or telling me? i was very upset and angry and ended up crying. They ruined my travel to Chesky leaving me a very impression. They only care about money and businness. Such an upsetting and ridiculous place.

3  Thank jul2016
Ondra B, Vlastník at Papa's Living Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear madamme, I would like to add other point of view to this situation and add few things you did not mention.

First of all, you did not mention that before you came, you called to the restaurant twice, trying to find the way there. However my colleague tried to explain you the way, finally he went out for you to find you and bring you personally, half way to the town square and back. Before he left the restaurant, he reserved one of last free tables on the terrace for you.

After ordering a meal and drink, you asked for wifi and internet connection. I replied that I was very sorry, that internet connection was not working. Which dissapointed you, how is that possible. My reply was that the restaurant is not obliged to provide internet, it is not internet cafe.

While you got your meal you bite it twice or three times and told us, that you needed to go to find internet connection somewhere else and disapeared, leaving all your belongings (purse, medical pils, sunglasses, powerbank, keys) at the table. After you left, we kept the table for 15 mins. In another 15 mins, we had to reject two other pairs, one family and one regular customer, who all had to be rejected from table, which was occupied by someone who was somewhere outside the restaurant. So we waited another five minutes and decided to move everything to the free table in the restaurant. Can you please tell me, how we should have asked you, while you were somewhere out?

When you came back, you were upset and crying, that is true. You also said that you would not finished your meal as well as not pay the bill and you left the place.

I regret that it had finished like this, but on the orther side, we need to know how to manage our tables. One table left "unused" for more than 30 mins is just unfair in comparison to other guests who wanted to enjoy the same view like you. And you, by your leaving, made that impossible and moved staff of the restaurant to very discomfort situation.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

We selected this restaurant based on references on trip advisor. Unfortunatelly we were not very satisfied. 1st - we didn't get place outside althought there were some free tables.
2nd - food. Ribs were dry and not very tasty. Missing spice, salt and sauces were very poor. BBQ sauce is something like ketchup and cheese sauce was very very tastless. The best on that was baked potato. Chicken wings - little bit better then ribs but oposit of the ribs - very salted. Sauces - the same tragedy. The best on that were bread with garlic.
They had as well dailly offer which may be better choise, but we didn't try.
If I should compare price and quality - I cannot recommend this pub

1  Thank 363vladimirl
Reviewed August 14, 2016

We were hoping for a great Italian meal but the food was just average, at best. The staff was very friendly and the prices very inexpensive but not the quality of food we were hoping for.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We visited this restaurant with our 2 teenage boys in August 2016. Great Service- friendly, attentive servers. The food was also very good. Love the charming setting!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Krumau/Krumlov is close enough to the German and Austrian borders that the cuisine is more cosmopolitan and more creative than the typical Czech fare (which is also very good). This restaurant is well above average even by the high standards of the town, with a great view of the river and the town. It has a casual feel but the cooking is more on the high end.

Date of visit: July 2016