“If it smells moldy there must be mold”
Review of Eggenberg Pivovary

Eggenberg Pivovary
Ranked #28 of 113 things to do in Cesky Krumlov
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is one run down brewery. The tour was interesting but I was so focused on how dirty the brewery was. Between the birds flying around, the nests, their mess, the rust, the mold...I'd be embarrassed to give tours of this place. It was filthy and my thoughts were if this is so dirty what exactly goes into the beer?
I'd have given this a lower overall rating but I did find the tour interesting.

There are newer reviews for Eggenberg Pivovary

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went in for a drink. Awkward to find the correct entrance but inside is nice and authentic beer hall. They provide various "packages" for tours and inclusive drink although this was a little confusing. Beer was nice though.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great tour by Karolina, very detailed description on the brewing process and a bit of local history. Well worth the $10, plus you get a huge pint of beer at the end. There are different tours at different times, be sure to check with the TI. The tour we went on was at 1230. You need to book through the TI before hand.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hmmm, this place nearly got a non-review since we popped into the Restaurant for lunch on Day 1 only to get yelled at that the place was reserved and "couldn't we see that??!" We were undecided about whether to return but my partner really likes brewery tours so ...

So, we found a lovely tour organised by the Tourist Info Office located on the Main Square. We walked up through the town & were given some titbits of local history by our guide. She then gave us an extensive tour of the brewery, giving us lots of info on the brewing process & the fascinating history of the building.

Our tour ended in the charming restaurant where we were entitled to 2 free beers each. My boyfriend loved the unfiltered beer whilst I, not normally a beer fan, really liked the dark beer.

We decided to stick around and try some lunch. The food is really very good & reasonably priced but the staff are miserable, sarcastic & very good at completely ignoring you. This even extends to the gift shop where we went to buy some beer.

I'm glad we sampled the beer & the tour was very interesting but we were frankly astonished and rather put out by the hostile demeanor of the staff.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found the proprietor or whomever was behind the counter, disgruntled and surly because I only wanted a soft drink. I was very sorry I'd gone there instead of somewhere else.

2  Thank Patricia F