“If you are near take the time.”

Historic Center of Cesky Krumlov
Book In Advance
$352.12*
and up
Private Return Day Trip from Linz to Cesky Krumlov: Transportation Only or...
$105.08*
Private Winter Cesky Krumlov and Castle Museum Day Trip from Prague
$183.41*
and up
Private Luxury Transfer to Cesky Krumlov from Prague Including Introduction to...
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“If you are near take the time.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This a small beautiful medieval town. With a castle up on the high ground. There is a beautiful river running through that you can float or paddle down. There is lots of shopping. don't forget the camera with a large memory card

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
8 attraction reviews
“Worth a side trip”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Small town, very quiet in December but with a little Christmas market of lovely stallholders selling actually hand made pottery, glass and metal decorations and items. Apparently very crowded in Summer but still worth it I'd imagine. Many cobbled lanes with restaurants, traditional toy shops and etching artists etc. Locals say one night is plenty, but I would certainly recommend 2 nights if you are a curious and relaxed traveller.

1 Thank Lovesgoodfood01
Singapore, Singapore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Scenic Town”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had to go from Prague to Vienna to meet my daughter. The direct route would have taken about 5 hrs, but we took a detour to visit Cesky Krumlov which added about 2 hrs to the journey time, besides the 3 hour stopover there. It was the right decision. Our experienced driver took us to the castle grounds at the top of the hill, and we began our slow walk down to the town. The view of the town was breathtaking as we walked down the cobbled streets. And when we reached the town itself, we could look up and see the roads that we had walked past. There was a small Christmas Fair and a guy was doing an ice sculpture of a bear which the children loved so much. Glad we made a stopver at Cesky Krumlov, and only wished we had time to stay a night.

3 Thank TehTorng
Rijeka, Croatia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The moste beautiful small city in Europe”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Before my journey I was in doubt whether to stay in Munich for 4 days or in Cesky Krumlov.
Somehow something attracted me to Krumlov and definetely I am happy because of it. This little I wouldn`t say a city but an unbeliveable sweet candy. I was here for 4 days and 5 nights, I remember every street, every bar, every face I saw, view from the castle, taste of kolbasa and vino or punch, czech beer, lovely ladies, guys and girls with who I got drunk few times, that are some small things I `ll never forget. Even better, I `ll go there in 3 months again. Once, they offered me to go to Paris, I refused it because I preffer Krakow in Poland, I went in Krakow instead of Paris. Krakow has a soul, Krumlov has a soul and I am coming here back really soon. I like Praha but not as Krumlov. I stayed in Havana hostel, certainly not one of those new fency hostels but hostel with soul. Il ike the old furniture there, old rooms, view on Vltava, lovely lady who is an owner. I was in music bar, apotheka bar, traveller`s hostel, in china restaurant, restaurant u bejka. Which one of those places I liked the most I won`t share with any of you unless someone really cares and inbox me. The thing is that tourists can spoil that romantic feeling of Krumlov, tthey still didn`t and wont. Small city with slavic soul. LOVE KRUMLOV!!!

1 Thank Tomislav404
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Step back into history...Amazing!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

All the rave reviews about CK are totally on point. While some may find this lovely town a little too "touristy", most will be taken in by the charm and sense of history. It is so much fun to walk around and explore the shops, buildings, and side streets. Rather than repeat much of the other reviews, I want to highlight two tips.

First, stay over night. The town is VERY different once the day crowds from Prague have left on their tour buses. In fact, it may be the crowds which some are really pointing to when they refer to CK as being too touristy.

Second, leave most of your luggage locked in the trunk rather than try to lug it to your B&B. If you are lucky, you will be able to book accommodations at a property that both has it's own parking and is within walking distance to town. Most of the accommodations, however, will not meet both criteria. As a result, one can see a handful of tourists each day trying to carry or roll their heavy bags across the town. The streets are not meant for this, and you are certain to break the wheels in your luggage, if you don't die of a heart attack first. Do yourself a favor. You are probably staying only overnight. Just take what you will need overnight, plus any valuables, and leave the rest in your car trunk. :)

Visited May 2012