“Could convert me to being a Vegetarian”
Review of Laibon

Laibon
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. We were spending one night in Cesky krumlov on route from Prague to Salzburg. We were very tired of the heavy meat we had been eating on our trip. Laibon is hard to find, on a medieval street. The restaurant seems to be carved into a rock. My husband had the burritos and I chose a five sampler platter. Everything was delicious. For desert we shared the blueberry dumplings but then the charming host and owner of Laibon, surprised us with the cake of the day. This was a fabulous apple cake. We loved the restaurant and the owner is absolutely delightful.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We ducked in here after a morning of visiting most of the palace sights, cold and rainy. We weren't able to take advantage of the outside view seating but enjoyed the red lentil and the vegetable mushroom soups, both with depth of flavor. We shared the red curry dish along with some warming hot red wine. We wanted to try one of the local desserts so tried the blueberry dumplings. Just right for a break in the day and at great prices, all for $20.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Sitting out on the terrace on a chilly night with great food, a glass of wine and a charmer like
David, watching the sun set over CK....aaaah. If only all my dining experiences were like this one. I had the soy steak strips, which normally aren't my thing (fake meat eccchhhh), but it was delish as was the red lentil soup I started with. Opted for a different place my second night, but very nearly went back for more!!

1  Thank Chattyscrapper
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am not vegetarian. I found this restaurant by a chance when I went to Cesky Krumlov at first time on 5 Aug 2012. I wanted to have a dinner and spend my night time somewhere is beside the river. Oh..I made a right choice. There is fantastic view, good quality of food , service with smile and please to help.So I´m really satisfied with all. Well.. I´ve a chance to visit this city again on 24-28 Sep. And I also went to Laibon a few time. However this time I tried more with their coffee and cake.And it don´t appointed me. Sitting beside the rive, warm sunshine , see the fantastic view while having Latte with Apple cake …that´s so good relaxing! For me , Laibon become a part of this town. So I won´t miss it if I´m in Cesky Krumlov !

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant by the river bank and below the Cesky castle. Don't get daunted by the full veg menu... It's tasty but not wow! Found the variou dishes a bit sweet to taste, and definitely Indian fusion not Indian authentic.