Grand Hotel Zvon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Maly Pivovar(Ceske Budejovice)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Penzion Restaurant Centrum(Ceske Budejovice)
Hotel Klika(Ceske Budejovice)
Hotel Budweis(Ceske Budejovice)
View Hotel
Hotel Zatkuv Dum(Ceske Budejovice)
  • Breakfast included
U Tri Lvu(Ceske Budejovice)
  • Room Service
Hotel Garni P.V.T.(Ceske Budejovice)
Hotel Filip(Ceske Budejovice)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main squarejunior suitebeautiful roomczech republichistorical squarenice hotellocal foodpaid parkingorganic farmmodern interiorimpressive buildingfloor roomfirst floorcesky krumlovrooms are largeperfect locationbottle of water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My Partner and I return to Czech Republic as often as we can. The future is looking good for more frequent visits, particularly to the beautiful South Bohemia. We were here to look at potential business arrangements andstayed at the Grand Hotel Zvon in Budejovice. The staff and management are welcoming and proffessional.
The hotel rooms are comfy and location is right on the town square. A warm welcome from the manager at breakfast set the mood for our stay of 3 days,,,,,way too short!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When I visited hotel Zvon I was disappointed by the lack of smiles I saw on faces of the staff. I really felt unwelcome. Otherwise it was nice. The city is really awesome.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am very sorry you left our hotel with such an impression on our friendliness, because we place great emphasis on being friendly and helpful as suggested in the majority of other reviews. I am very happy you liked our city and other features of our hotel and promise that should you decide to give us another chance in the future we will do our best to provide you with the warmest welcome and the best service.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel can guarantee top quality service, I really enjoyed superior breakfast. The location is perfect - directly at the main square, just few meters walk from the river, plenty of restaurants, bars and other attractions.

Dissapointingly I got a loudy room on the first floor near to restaurant. I could not hear anything from restaurant but the doors separating rooms part and restaurant part were very loud when being closed so It kept me awake since very early morning. On the other hand, if you namely ask for a quiet room I believe staff will do their best to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your review of our property and providing valuable feedback.

Especially thank you for your positive comments on our breakfast and service and believe the minor issue you mentioned did not spoil your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I like quality Czech cuisine and the restaurant in hotel Zvon is likely the best in the town. They claim that everything is home made, the meat is from organic farm and only the quality ingredients are used. The result is excellent and I visit the restaurant every time I visit the city. Why I do not give it more stars is because smokers in the restaurant can turn it quickly into truly terrible place. For this reason avoid this place on Friday and Saturday evening and try it during off peak hours to enjoy the food in cleaner air. Staff is friendly, never had a problem. Visited this place around 6 times so far an will come back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
psal, General Manager at Grand Hotel Zvon, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our restaurant.

Good food and Czech cuisine particulary is our passion and the more so that you find so little of it outside Prague.

Right after the New Year´s Day we are doing a slight refurbishment of our restaurant so that we can welcome you again starting February 1 2012. During the works, there will be smaller restaurant available on site offering the same cuisine.

From 1 Feb 2012 we decided to go even further and made a deal with couple more small local farmers who will be supplying best quality seasonal ingredients (often hand-produced), so in our 2012 menu, you will also find some new excellent tradition-inspired dishes prepared using these ingredients ONLY. These will of course be highly seasonal, changing 10 to 12 times a year!

As for the smoking issue, we are aware of that, but as most of our regular guests are smokers (as is much of the Czech populace) it is a sensitive thing to solve.

At least since recently, the whole restaurant is non-smoking at Saturday and Sunday lunch hour (i.e. until 4 p.m.) so that you can enjoy your lunch smoke free.

Thank you once more & wishing Bon Appetit,

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Hotel Zvon has an excellent location on Ceske Budejovice's splendid main square and parts are quite historic but in general the place has been overmodernised to the point of characterlessness.The very good yet reasonably-priced restaurant on the first floor is a definite plus but the rooms are rather nondescript and not really worth the rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo