See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2015

Conveniently located for the station but a 15 minute walk from the Square. The reception is, unusually, in a different building to the rooms! Was given wrong type of room and had to change. The room is excessively noisy...traffic outside and you can hear all the toilet activity from adjacent rooms!. Shower door wouldn't stay shut and the showerhead retainer on the wall was broken. Wouldn't stay again

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2015

This hotel has plain, simple rooms that do the job. There is no charm but everything works as it should. The breakfast was great with a large typical Eastern European breakfast. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The WiFi worked well.
Staff were helpful and had reasonable English. I chose this hotel for its location close to both the train station and the bus station. Both were less than a five minute walk away.Transfers in and out and to Cesky Krumlow were very easy.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and the main advantage was it is near the train station; however notwithstanding this I wished I had investigated the pensions in town as they were in a much more pleasant location. The walk back from town in an evening through the deserted streets, deserted except for drunks/homeless or other solitary people felt extremely edgy. We didn't have breakfast there but found a cafe on the first floor of the Mercury shopping centre open even on a Sunday morning. Reception is not manned most of the time. Wifi only available in reception ( or from the pavement directly outside).

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent a couple of nights here: if you've just seen the movie "Birds" (by Hitchcock), this is the last place where you wish to spend the night! I had a room with a window overlooking a ladder and several pigeons who spent the night perched on the ladder. Looking out of the window pane and seeing pigeons looking at you was a bit ominous, and definitely didn't make me want to open the window... even if it was very hot inside the room.

Main problem with my stay is that the room was advertised as with "air conditioning" and, yet, there was no air conditioning (the hotel had run out of rooms with aircon).
Among positive things: room wasn't expensive and was big enough, internet (via cable) worked well, hotel is well located, next to the train and bus stations. Still, I would not return here.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you are planning to spend some time exploring the southern part of the Czech Republic, your best bet is to base yourself in Ceske Budejovice. Although the city itself cannot rival the Renaissance charm of Cesky Krumlov or Tabor, its excellent transport links will put you within easy reach of these and other destinations. The A3 Hotel is perfect in this respect - one block away from the bus station and almost directly opposite the train station. I usually avoid any hotel near a major train station, especially a cheap one, but in this case my prejudices were completely unfounded. My room was clean, modern and, since it was located at the back of the hotel, there was absolutely no noise. I slept perfectly, even with the windows open. And the hotel is in a safe area (entrance on a main road, next to a busy new shopping centre).
Rates for a single room are CZK 600-700 (about £25; breakfast extra) but, perhaps because I was staying for six nights, I had the great good luck to be upgraded to their spacious fourth floor apartment at no extra charge - this is well worth considering if you can afford the usual 2000 CZK asking price.
The hotel reception is clearly labelled at the entrance (in the cafe on the ground floor, on the right hand side of the archway). The lady I spoke to was friendly and took me round to the hotel entrance; since I don't speak Czech, she showed me the lift and what the various keys were for. I didn't have any problems, so didn't need to speak to anyone from the hotel again until I checked out, but the towels were discreetly changed during my stay.
One other bonus: the hotel is next to a shopping centre (the Mercury Centrum) whose hypermarket never seems to close (it was open even on public holidays) so if you are on a tight budget (as I was) you can stock up on breakfast/packed lunch goodies early in the morning. The historic town centre, with its many bars and restaurants, is a pleasant ten minute walk away. I would definitely stay at the A3 again if I return to this part of the Czech Republic.

Room tip: A room at the back is preferable, as the hotel faces onto a busy street and is opposite the railway station.
Date of stay: May 2013