“It WAS great restaurant”
Review of Akropolis - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akropolis
Cuisines: Greek
Description: I have been eating at this very good Greek restaurant in Ceske Budejovice since they opened six years ago.
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Akropolis was really great restaurant.. but the past time is important. Food was great and made from greek incredients. We were in this restaurant once a month for two years.

But now... you will get standard czech food with greek spices. Staff is terrible, everything is problem. I can't recommend this restaurant nowadays.

1  Thank kutycz
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I visit Ceske Budejovice at least once every year (usually twice!). Six years ago I noticed a new greek restaurant called Akropolis. I checked out the menu. It seemed very good, so I went in.

The main dining area is downstairs, and it left me wanting something more. It was at this time, that the hostess told me I could also eat upstairs in the cafe. I went up the stairs and immediately fell in love with the entire atmosphere. Here was a very nice setting with a few booths, a couple half-booths, and it was perfect.

I've eaten here (upstairs) ever since, and I've never been disappointed. The food is really, really good, and you probably wonder how this is possible. Well, two Czech guys took advange of their new-found freedom, when the wall came down, and they visited the rest of Europe. They fell in love with Greece, spend quite some time there, learned how to prepare traditional Greek cuisine, and then they brought back their talents to Ceske Budejovice, of all places, and opened a restaurant. Every since then, it has been one of the more popular non-Czech cuisine restuarants in town.

I highly recommend Akropolis. And don't forget, check out "upstairs".

4  Thank Castleblanca