“Living a dream...”

Ranked #2 of 8 Benesov B&B and Inns
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Living a dream...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

It was a privilege to stay in such magical place. Castle looked like from a fairy tale from the first sight. And I felt like beeing in a fairy tale as I was in castle garden all alone. That happens during the week out of the main season, when there are not much visitors. I stayed in the biggest suite, apartmant Rainer. The dining room and bedroom are really spacious and carefully decorated with old furniture and lots of paintings. Probably with the guidelines of Mrs. Stemberg who is a perfectionist. You can see that in her boutique with the dress creations and in nearbay cafe Custoza where they sell so many tempting and also delicious sweets. Most of them also by her recipies, and when she has got time, she made them by herself! Diner was another nice experience in a restaurant, which is also decorated in chateau stile, probably with some real antics. Wandering around small garden in front of the castle is nice, but for a real peace, you should go to the main park behind the building. Guests get the keys of the garden doors. Large park is partly like a botanical garden with informative descriptions (in Czech) and there is also a small zoo with lamas, kangaroos, parrots, ducks, coaties... Something to entertain children even the big ones. I also enjoyed guided tour of the castle. The best is a private one, which could be acompained by a bottle of champaine... The rooms are fully furnitured with antique pieces, a lot of them are original. There are also numerous of paintings of the family and other important persons. And the castle chapel with a few houndred years old organ (functional) is also worth a visit.
And last, all that was quite affordable!

Room Tip: all of apartments are with a nice view of the garden and castle, but they are decorated in different...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank izi f

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'd like to thank the family Sternberg for having such an amazing place as Castle Jemniste where I've spent beautiful romantic weekend with my lovely wife. The entire time we felt like in fairy tale, like living prince and princess :-) But what I valued the most is the relaxing atmosphere where I could literally switch my brain off and everyone took care of me. This was so amazing and I needed it so much as we all know how hectic life is these days and to find place such as their castle where person can leave everything behind, is priceless. I also need to highlight that they can be very proud of their staff, all were so nice, sweet and always helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at Jemniste Castle wit my wife in July 2013. Spent a glorious evening in the French garden in front of the castle with a bottle of champagne (and the chateau cat) watching the sunset and listening to classical music. Great accommodation in one of the 3 suites the chateau offers, dinner and a private tour of the chateau the following morning.

By car, 30 minutes southwest of Prague, or 45 minutes by train to Beneaov & 10 miles by taxi.

Room Tip: Rainer Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neworleanian
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Chateau Jemnesti is not just a place to stay, it is a place to experience. The Chateau is the living residence of the Sternberg Family, a kind and generous family. The Chateau has quite a history of almost three hundred years, which is told in the museum part of the Chateau. It is different from other Chateau's in the area in that it has a more feminine character and a comfortable place to live. The first builder of the chateau was so in love with the chateau and the surrounding area that he has his heart entombed in the chapel in the wing of the chateau ! The surrounding nature park is almost magical with its gardens and reflective ponds. It gives one the opportunity to also reflect on ones life. Staying in one of the guest houses you feel like you are part of this wonderful history and magical atmosphere. It is private and quiet, yet during the day classical music comes from the balcony to sooth the soul. I was by myself but used the time to do creative writing and photography, which I very much enjoyed. This is a ideal place for a sincere wedding or renewal of wedding vows. The chapel has a historic elegance. The immediate staff of Jolana and Blanca make this an ideal choice to enrich the spirit. They are fantastic hosts.
I highly recommend staying here for a few days to escape the busy atmosphere of near by Prague. Obviously, this is an ideal choice for a romantic get away. Go ahead and make a reservation today. Life is short and a stay here you will remember all of your life. I am a cardiologist from Hawaii and this is what I would recommend for a heathy heart. I look forward to returning with my wife.

Room Tip: Each of the three cottages are unique. Ideal to spend a few days with someone you love
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roger1080
Prague
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Chateau Jemniště is a small (three apartments) hotel located at the castle, some 40 km out of Prague. After our ruined honeymoon in Austria, we were looking for a place to spend our wedding night and we soon realized that we could not choose a better place.

First, you deal directly with the owner of the hotel. Even though he was abroad on holidays, he answered the phone, understood our situation in a minute and arranged the accommodation for the very same night.

Second, the apartment Rainer we slept in was amazing: it has a fireplace which you can use (fire wood was prepared when we arrived), spacious bath tub for two, four-poster bed and authentic furnishing. There is also free tea and coffee (though we do not particularly like the brands, we appreciated the idea) and you can use their cell phone for calling outside.

Third, the staff was just perfect and the service impeccable. The receptionist was professional, nice and friendly (unfortunately, not a standard in the Czech Republic). She gave us the key from the castle garden so we could take a walk and enjoy the day and night views of the castle. We also ordered a private tour of the castle with a glass of champagne and had very nice tour guide (Anička) who did not rush us and answered all our questions. Should we also mention that the breakfast (served automatically to our room) surpassed our expectations?

The whole experience was very unique and we felt welcome and pampered from the very first moment – almost like we were a part of the family (which is a feeling we never had in a hotel before). We will definitely come back for our anniversary and would like to heartily recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple