“Spend a night or two”

Samsara Luxury Resort and Camp
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dechu
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On the road from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer, this resort at Dechu about 120 Kms from Jodhpur, is worth spending a night or two to be far from the maddening crowd! The property is new, well maintained and is place to unwind and relax. The food is good, the service is prompt and efficient, though the front desk needs to be improved.

We spent two nights (Dec 6 to 8) on our way to Jaisalmer and were surprised to find that on the 2nd night we were the only guests in the entire property of 62 rooms! Even on the first night, only 4 rooms were occupied. As a result one section of the resort comprising about 30 rooms was completely shut - reason we were told was that there were issues with hot water on that side since it was further from the hot water plant. We of course had not issues with hot water on our side of the resort.

The property is well designed, the rooms are large, amenities, linen are fresh and good. In the evenings, a pretty good cultural troupe put on a show lasting about an hour and a half. The chilly December evening with a bonfire going and bottle of wine created a good atmosphere to enjoy the Rajasthani dance and music.

The hotel staff is attentive and friendly and try their best to make you feel at home. At the restaurant, they were willing to make food to our choice and taste, which was nice. I think the property deserves more business than what it currently gets.

Overall, I would rate this place as very good and definitely worth a night or two. More if you want to curl up with some good books and enjoy peace and solitude.

A couple of minor negatives were related to the front desk which tried to palm off a standard room to us as an upgrade - to which we were entitled as members of a loyalty program. We later found that all operational rooms were identical. The suites were closed as they were in the other half of the resort. Secondly, even though we had prepaid for our stay, for some reason they presented us with a bill for our rooms and it took some explaining and 15 minutes for them to sort it out.

On the plus side, they were nice to lend the front desk's internet dongle (considering that very few rooms were occupied) as there was no wifi in the rooms and we were entitled to complimentary internet as part of our loyalty program.

However, notwithstanding the minor niggles I would recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Samsara Luxury Resort and Camp

Reviewed December 23, 2012

It was a nice refreshing change arriving here after a miserable day in Jodhpur. The rooms were nice and spacious , a man made sand dune is part of the property and the resort itself is huge but very well maintained. The food was above average , the service was very good. The buildings are beautiful and it is really hard to believe that people skip this place and stay in Jodhpur or Jaisalmer. Travellers to Jodhpur would do well to stay here and visit Jodhpur rather than stay at a hotel in Jodhpur. Authentic Rajasthan is just outside , a jeep safari here is much more informative and real than any visit to theme-park styled monuments in Jodhpur.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had an amazing experience at Samsara Resort and Camp.

We stayed in the camp for one night and really enjoyed our stay. From the camel and jeep safari to the camp facilities to the food and friendly staff everything was perfect. The cultural program in the evening was very good as well.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a desert camping experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We spent one night at Samsara resort and had a great stay!
Extremely nice and friendly staff who really wished us a great stay and gave us great service.
Great food with all possible Indian specialities.
Clean, fresh and modern rooms.
Good possibilities for interesting exkursions in the surrounding(jeep and camel safari).
Nice pool area.

This is the perfect stay if you want to escape from the hectic city life!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had such a fantastic experience at Samsara. Great staff, fantastic food and nice atmosphere! Especially enjoyed the sand dunes and jeep safari.

Really recommended to get a break from the hectic life of Jodhpur and New Delhi.

You will not get dissapointed!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I started my journey from Jodhpur with some doubts. Doubts to meet uncertainty as I hadn't heard about this place. Manwar Camp is though a common name. Enjoying my drive through the spread out barren beauty, I got a glimpse of Samsara because of its interesting logo, I decided to check out the same as I had checked Manwar camp also which I didn't like for number or reasons starting from its reception to its room and staff (few exception the guy who served my cold coffee). Opposite to my expectation, Samsara got my 100% attention and my heart. It is like a heaven!!! Well maintained plush green lawns, soothing water body running across the property, manicured land scape with a huge Sand dune in the back drop, so many open areas.

The property and experience is beyond words. The rooms are done in vibrant but very pleasing colours with all the modern amenities be it air conditioning, Tea coffee maker, an LCD with satellite TV connection, running hot and cold water and most important a nice way window to sit and appraise the beauty created with land scape. I must mention that beds are equally comfortable and I really enjoyed a healthy sleep (after so many hotels). Food is really nice and open Restaurant extension is a treat in itself as watching National Bird (Peacock) along with number of other like parrots, pigeons, Yellow vented bulbul, Webler etc in the adjoing land really give you a chance to appreciate NATURE.

I got a chance to visit their camp site also which is a little away (around 10 kms) from the resort and enjoyed the Jeep Safari on the dune. Its just a magical experience and memories I will always cherished in my life. 

They have a SPA as well but didn't got time to use it as I wanted to soak myself in to the property. I must summarize my feedback by saying that, It is an Oasis in the desert and I will be back in this heaven...

Room Tip: Try Indian food as its really delicious, homely... Property is for the people who wants to relax, r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank YogiSa
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was beyond my imagination that somebody can maintain a lush greenery with number of water pools and swimming pool with well appointed rooms suits with full of privacy.Thanks to BLESSINGS INTERNATIONAL who advised me this name for real and genuine relaxation on the way to Jaisalmer. Calm-cool-relax-peace-privacy-luxury-value for money much more than you paid, what is not, desert safari oh! my god delicious food, extraordinary service and royal room service. Everything in royal style.ONE OF THE BEST STAY OF MY 54 YEARS LIFE

Room Tip: Every room n suit is well located, appointed and loaded
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dechu
Thar Oasis Resort & Camp
Hariyali Dhani Camps and Resort
Amargarh Resort
Amargarh Resort
#24 of 95 in Jodhpur

Been to Samsara Luxury Resort and Camp? Share your experiences!