My husband booked our stay at Secret Harbour as a result of reading the good reviews on tripadvisor. We arrived on our flight in St. Thomas around 9pm. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were told that the room we booked (oceanview) was not available. There was a "problem with the room." Not a problem, we thought. Surely, they will put us in an even nicer room due to the "problem." We were put into a studio condo up the hill. Our original room was right by the water. This room was up the hill and a walk away from the beach and water. So, we did not see this as any type of improvement. The front desk employee told us that we would probably get an even nicer room (beachfront) for the remainder of our vacation, but we had to check with the front desk the next morning. We were called the next morning by the front desk asking if we were checking out that day. We explained what happened the night before and couldn't help but wonder why there was no communication between the employees. We were told that our originally booked room was now available and, no, we would not be given a nicer room since everything was apparently booked for the week. We explained our dismay at having to move our luggage and not being compensated for their error, but absolutely nothing came out of our complaints. Once we moved into our oceanview room, it was clean and average in accomodations. Something was wrong with the bed. So, everytime we sat on the end, it would make a loud noise. We never did figure out what was wrong with it. We found the employees to be extremely laid back and not accomodating at all. They need some training in customer service. The views on the bay were beautiful and the beach could not be beat. It was very private and only people staying at the resort seemed to be there every day. The resort is not within walking distance of anything including stores and restaurants. You have to take a taxi or rent a car to get anywhere outside of the resort, which can get pretty expensive (minimum of $5 per person each way for a taxi). Also, there are several types of rooms. The Ocean Front is on the second floor above the scuba & gift shop. The Beach Front walks out onto the beach and are the best rooms. The Ocean View are up the hill and a walk from the beach, restaurant and office.
Overall, we would not stay at Secret Harbour on any future visits to St. Thomas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands