Apartment-style hotel room was clean, spacious and beautiful. The beach is by far the best snorkeling beach on the island and was never overcrowded during our stay. While beaches at other hotels were closed to swimming due to rough surf while we were there, the beach at Secret Harbour never needed to close because it was in a protected cove. The restaurant, like apparently all others on the island, was overpriced but had the best food by a long shot compared to everywhere else we ate, and is situated on the beach so dinner and sunset was a winning combo. And we saved tons of $$ by staying at Secret Harbour because we could use the kitchen in the hotel room to cook some of our meals. Staff was very pleasant and responsive. Happy hour for the guests Tuesday evening was nice and low-key, with food for the kids too. None of the rooms were truly handicapped-accessible, although I had requested a room with no steps, so if you have a disability involving stairs, this may not be the place to stay. Rent a car if you go to St Thomas, as taxis are very expensive (it would have been $50 each way to/from the airport for my family of 3 to get to the hotel, and other trips are comparably priced around the island)! Hotel is 2 minutes from Red Hook so it's easy to get to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is currently closed due to hurricane Irma Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands