My husband and I spent 10 days at Secret Harbour for our honeymoon. Check in was quick and easy. Part of the hotel is built on a hill, so they had a guy with a golf cart take our bags to the room, which was very nice. The room was fairly standard but had a deck with a beautiful view. We recommend staying in the rooms on the hill because if you were in one of the rooms on the beach, you may have trees blocking your view, plus it is not as quiet. The beach is absolutely incredible, and the snorkeling is very good (you can rent snorkel gear at the dive shop which is on site). The beach bar (Cruzan beach club) has great food. We ate there almost every night because it costs $20 minimum to go to the closest town (Red Hook) in a taxi ($5 per person, one way). You can't walk because they are crazy drivers and there is hardly any space on the sides of the roads! The pool at Secret Harbour is not in the best of locations, but who needs a pool when the beach is so amazing. The water is so calm and crystal clear, swimming in a pool is a waste. I can't say enough about the beach. The beach and the dive shop alone make it worth staying here. The price of the room was around what we were willing to spend, although we were upset to find out that they tack on a $250 "electric fee". That was a curveball we didn't see coming (must've been in the fine print somewhere). The A/C was pretty loud, so we wanted to leave it on during the day so that we could turn it off when we came back to the room. That didn't go as planned because housekeeping turns it off when they come. Some of the people at the front desk are not as friendly as others. The gentleman who worked at night was extremely helpful and polite. My only big complaint would be that they did not give us "do not disturb" signs for our door. It was our honeymoon, and let's face it, sometimes you didn't want housekeeping there, even if it was the middle of the day. ; ) So that was a pain. I felt like I always had to be "decent" even when I didn't want to be. Other than that, we had an amazing time. If you choose this place, definitely go on the turtle snorkeling trip that the dive shop runs. Skeeter and his wife Amy are awesome people. Also, if you want a nice quiet sailing and snorkeling trip, book the Independence trip with captain Pat (she is incredibly knowledgable and friendly). That was our favorite thing we did in St. Thomas. The price is reasonable and the fact that there is 6 or less people makes it very personable and makes for a great day. Also, take the ferry from Red Hook to St. John. We walked around St. John all day and ate lunch at a place called the Tap Room, which is the restaurant for the islands brewery. Great place! Another trip that we wanted to do but was pretty expensive was the Virgin Gorda trip (you need a passport for this). Overall, we would definitely recommend staying at Secret Harbour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands