$203
TripAdvisor
$186
Travelocity
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$187
$170
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$445
$395
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$244
  • Breakfast included
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Caneel Bay Resort(Caneel Bay)
  • Pool
All reviewsdive shopaqua actionst thomascruzan beach clubfull kitchengreat snorkelingoctopusbedroom condogrocery storebeach barcalm waterscharlotte amalielounge chairsclear waterduffy's love shackcolorful fishno see ums
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I just returned from our trip and stayed five nights at Secret Harbour. We enjoyed our stay tremendously.
The positives:
1) Quiet little harbor. I stumbled onto this resort after reading about Secret Harbour under "attractions" in trip advisor. Someone mentioned the quaint quiet resort in the area, and said they would have loved to stay there. It really did live up to this for us. In the past we have stayed at larger resorts with beach chairs stacked three deep and tons of people all over the place. This place was far different and a nice change of pace. Never saw more than 30-40 people on the beach, usually far less. We were also not there during busy season.
2) Great snorkeling just steps away. We took a guided trip one day but the snorkeling was only marginally better than what we had right outside of our door. I snorkeled at the resort three separate days. My last day I saw a turtle and spent a good 30 minutes watching him in the bay.
3) Outstanding restaurants. We loved the "casual side" of the restaurant. Great food, every single meal. We ate there a lot. You really can't beat the view. Also ate at the more expensive restaurant Sunset Grill one night and it did not disappoint. They also have some great happy hour specials.
4) Staff was friendly and helpful. We saw the same waitresses/waiters numerous times and they were great.

Cons:
1) Long way from Charlotte Amalie. I am not really sure this is a "con". It wasn't for us, but for some people if they want to spend a lot of time in the middle of everything, this place is a good distance from everything except for Red Hook and Sapphire Beach. Most of the nice restaurants on the island are a good distance. We didn't really care much because we enjoyed the restaurants on the premises and the close by restaurants we went to were also great.

2) Not every room is the same. If I am not mistaken some units are privately owned and rented out through the resort. Our room was decent. Furnishings could have been better/more up to date, but they were decent enough. Just be aware this is not a mega resort that will have pictures of exactly what your room will look like. Some on the ground level we could see as we walked by that they were furnished far better than ours.

3) If you rent the units that are not directly on the beach, it appears to be quite a trek up the hill. We didn't venture up there, because ours was right on the water. The pool is also up the hill and we didn't venture to see it. What I can tell you for sure is we looked up in that direction and said, "I'm glad we aren't having to make that hike and that far from the water".

On the whole I would stay at Secret Harbour again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DFWTravelerDallas_TX
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2014

Thank you for your review! You will be delighted to hear that all of our room inventory has been updated and are all beachfront units. From your room, just a few steps to the water. Incredible view, quit place...

Regards,

Javier De La Rosa

Reviewed June 25, 2014

You can't ask to be closer to a beach with the oceanfront rooms. I mean, we stayed in building 3 and I counted 85 steps from patio doors to the middle of the beach. If I wanted to stop at the first piece of sand it would have been like 30 steps max. The pool is not too convienently located for the beach units but is perfectly located for the hill units. So it depends on what you want in your vacation. My wife and I used the pool a few times to get non salt water. The pool is empty and clean so we had lots of privacy there even though its not a private pool. The beach is "da bomb". Water is clear and so calm, you could wade for hours and not get pummelled by waves. The snorkeling is great too. We brought our own gear and snorkeled every day, literaly right off the beach. I mean, it is absolutely awesome. Any negative reviews you read about this place, disregard as disgruntled vacationers. The room was clean, the view was awesome. We stayed in room 312 and were very happy. Building 3 and 4 offer much more privacy than 1 and 2. But 1 and 2 are literally on the beach, only 1 step from sand. So, once again it depends what you want. We had the first floor unit in building 3 so were able to walk right off the balcony to the beach. Highly recommend this resort. It's some of the closest beachfront rooms I've had and I've been to about 10 caribbean islands/resorts.

We liked the casual atmosphere at the Cruzan Bar restaurant...the Ahi Tuna Nachos are by far the best and most original nachos my wife and I ever had. And they're oly $15. The amount of tuna was absurd and abundant and sushi grade. I'm a New Yorker and a "pizza snob", lol, but the pizza was pretty good too for the caribbean. Danny at the Cruzan Bar was a cool dude and very approachable. I had no issues with any if the staff and they were all friendly.

Don't hestitate to book here. I've stayed at the Marriott Frenchmans Reef close to downtown and we now know that Red Hook is better for us. This resort was nicely located and close to many beaches. But the funy thing is, it's on one of the nicest beaches on St Thomas.

We ventured to St John for a day. Totally different vibe and much nmore quiet. We liked that as St Thomas itself is busy with lots of cars. But Secret Harbor is not busy...it's actually quite perfect.

Room Tip: Building 3 or 4 first floor for backdoor beach access with more privacy. Building 1 or 2 first floor for right on the beach access, but not as private. Any building floors 2 and above for more views. The buildig on the hill are not on the beach at all but the view I would assume isa wesome.
2  Thank JoeSal18
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your "da bomb" review. You basically said it all; it describes the way we strive to have every guest feel as they depart from Secret Harbour Beach Resort as part of our family. Thanks again for sharing your experience so eloquent and so lovely. We greatly appreciate it. We can’t wait to welcome you back real soon.

My best,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very secluded and upscale and the staff is very friendly, helpful,and always at my disposal. The condominium was huge and very laid out roomy and the view was fabulous. I recommend this resort and plan to go back again next year. the two restaurants were nice and the food and service set the atmosphere for the resort. The assistant manager Javier and staff should be commended for the quality of service this resort offers.

1  Thank Carribean H
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. My report card and commendation come from reviews like the one you just gave us. I cannot stress how thankful I am and the entire staff for your great words...it humbles us. We look forward on welcoming you next year for another "Vacation in Paradise."

Reviewed June 23, 2014

So we had a problem with the lock. Jean Claud, the bellman at that instant identified it and Bobby in maintenance thought he fixed it. All of this went unnoticed by us, but the next day it was malfunctioning again. When Bobby realized it was going to be a longer job than what he first thought he engaged the general manager Javier. Javier suggested and proceeded to provide us with an even better room. In fact it had a hideaway bed in the living area that faced the window. We got to rise with the sun the next day. I have to say in all the entire staff seamed invested in trying to do the best job they could in the best way they could. I was very pleased.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kevin S

Thank you so much for your recent visit and this wonderful review; especially mentioning our committed staff as they are the ones who make the magic happen. I will ensure to pass on your compliments to Jean Claud and Bobby.

Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Long weekend at Secret Harbour. Plesantly surprised. Seems like a well run place with an informal atmosphere. Guests from families through retieries. Great beach, not crowdet at all, and good views. Snorkling possible, even saw a turtle "grazing". Diveshop on site. Got a recently and tastefully renovated beachfront room (411), and was very happy there. A fan on the veranda would have made it possible to sit outside. Nice bar and very good restaurant on premises.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time in writing this review. It is always a great feeling to hear positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please try and return real soon and let me know when you do; I want to try and get the fifth star on your next review!

Warm regards,