“Best anniversary ever”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Camden, North Carolina
“Best anniversary ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We just returned from an amazing stay at Secret Harbour. A friend recommended this because they visit every year. I read all the reviews and followed suggestions to reserve a beachfront, updated room above the first floor. Some reviews suggest buildings 3 or 4 but we were in Bldg 1, 3rd floor and loved the proximity to nightly live steel pan performers and first class food.
We stayed the last week of May to take advantage of off season rates and we had the beach to ourselves all week long.
Temps were a comfortable 80-85 with a light breeze the entire time. If this is the rainy season then more power to it! Once a day we got a round of showers that lasted 15-30 minutes and cooled everything off. I cannot think of a single negative to include here.

1 Thank Cupcakerylady
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review! Like you said: "I cannot think of a single negative to include here" and that's because there isn't! We work hard to ensure all guests are happy and yes...no matter in which building you stay; 1, 2, 3 or 4 you will love it! We are thrilled that we made it to be your best anniversary ever! From myself and the entire staff we wish you many more to come.

Truly,

Secret Harbour Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I told Javier that I really didn't want to share - because I like the fact that this beach is very private and beautiful. BUT - I can't live there all year round and Trip Advisor reviews helped me choose this place. My husband and I loved every minute of our recent 5 night stay there. The beach is beautiful and a nicely sheltered cove. All of the staff we met were very accommodating and friendly. A shout out to our bartenders Tierney and Jamie and the Sunset Grille for great service and conversation! Our condo was clean, comfortable and on the bottom floor only 17 steps from the beach. We enjoyed the beach and the food at the restaurant enought to not really want to go anywhere the whole time we were there. We took a short jaunt over to St. John one day but wanted to get back. This is a perfect place to unplug and unwind from the stress of working as a "Corporate Slave" :-) I will come back again. As soon as possible too. I enjoyed that there was lots of tree shade and many lounge chairs and beach chairs to choose from as well.

Room Tip: They don't let you choose the exact room - but you can put in requests. We were in building 3 a...
1 Thank Dolphinjoyce
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for writing this great review on your experience. Your honest and commendable words made me smile. I know firsthand how much we try in all departments to exceed our guests’ expectations and with this review it gives us positive affirmations that it is all worth it. Our team members are the best and they continuously demonstrate the service we live by. Once in Secret Harbour, no need to go anywhere! I will definitely pass on your kind words. It was an honor to be your ally here at Secret Harbour Beach Resort.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hello. My boyfriend and I came here for a wedding recently, and we loved Secret Harbour. The service is very friendly, and the beach is beautiful -- with tranquil clear water where you can enjoy snorkeling (we saw a sea turtle and a sting ray). The food is really excellent, and while we did not stay there, we saw a room, and it was well-appointed and spacious.

The dive shop is super-friendly and rents snorkeling equipment. Diane and their team are great and professional.

The location is also wonderful, as it's 5 minutes away from Red Hook and relatively nearby other beaches.

2 Thank jennypennyk
"Beautiful Beach and Great Service...." Thank you for taking your time in writing this review. Positive feedback is always a plus. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your day tenure; our Cul de sac location is one of the best in St. Thomas! Thank you so much for your kind words, we hope to welcome you back, but this time to enjoy not only our beautiful beach and great service but also to enjoy our beautiful, spacious, fully furnished and full kitchen apartments for another wonderful trip to St. Thomas and Secret Harbour Beach Resort. I will pass on to Diane and the rest of the dive shop team this great review.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way back from St. John. First, this place was way overpriced. For the money, we were expecting a 4 star resort The room should have been no more than $200 a night. It was outdated, stained, and the toilet water was dark and stinky. We notified the desk of the problem with the plumbing and were told " There is a problem with the septic system and we are taking care of it." They never did anything. No one came to the room. No apology. No amount refunded. It was gross.
When we turned on the hot tub at the pool, it sounded let we started up a jet engine. The beach is an average beach. Nothing really spectacular compared to other spots in the area ( The Baths, any other beach on St. John). The restaurant smelled like a college basement and the menu was weak and overpriced.
St Thomas in general is dirty and littered. We went to Coki and got hasseled as soon as we got out of the cab. There were so many people in the water we wrapped up and left within an hour.
Spend a little extra money and stay at the Ritz. It has to be better than this dump.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel. Visit this beach on a day trip.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tommy P
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, while it was unsettling none the less. Our guests are always our priority. My sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than perfect; we respect all feedback. Boutique hotels offer a particular feel & vibe that are not always to everyone's likes and we understand that in your case.

There are times where situations occur that are not in our control and unfortunately we had technical difficulties during your stay which it was solved as soon as possible. SHBR management prides itself on following through and recovery of any given guest’s experience; without a doubt. I personally, as well as my colleagues would be happy to have the chance to deliver to you what a Secret Harbour Beach Resort experience has become known for. Service is the cornerstone of this hotel's success and we are driven to follow up relentlessly. I’m happy to make myself personally available to you should your travels return you to St. Thomas, America's Paradise.

Please contact me anytime at: javier@secretharbourvi.com or at 340-775-6550 ext. 285

I remain at your service,

Gloucester, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a 12 day stay at Secret Harbour. As usual we were met with friendly staff. At the front desk Margaret is the always smiling and Rhonda, Karen, and Joe are efficient and helpful. We enjoy the beautiful beach and Wil has the beach ready for anything that comes along. Weddings, towels and chairs are handled in a professional manner. Last but not least our apartment is lovely and just perfect after a long day swimming and snorkeling. If you hear your stomach rumbling be sure to check The Sunset Grille. The food is yummy and the view can't be beat.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank USVIfanGloucester_VA
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for this short but sweet review. We’re happy that many guests…such as you keep coming back year after year. I will ensure to tell the staff that you mentioned them by name. Hope to welcome you back home on your next trip!

Truly,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

It is very well located . Almost all the rooms are ocean front and the beautiful beach is right infront of you . Minutes away from red hook with plenty of options to eat and a 5- dollar per person taxi ride .

Owner is friendly and does his beta to accommodate .

Cleanliness is 3/5.

Service is poor . They forgot to tell us that they are closed ( reception closed ) in later hrs of night and early morning . Any maintenance requests takes a while to happen and staff is at best careless.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gapluching
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we respect all feedback. We would have loved to turn around your experience had we known. If you are looking for a relaxing experience where every need or want is attended with a prompt yet casual "Yes" then we are your hotel. It is true some guests find our hotel rather small for their preference, but the majority of them discover that big things come in small packages. Should you ever decide to give us another opportunity, we would love to welcome you back. Feel free to contact me should you need assistance with anything, I remain at your service.

My best,

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I both have extremely involved careers working for Sephora's Corporate sector and as an editorial photographer. We decided on taking a much needed romantic get a way this April to relax and rejuvenate and we could not be more pleased with the comfort we've found at Secret Harbour Beach Resort. From the breath taking views of the bay from our room to the excellent and accommodating staff I would return here in a heart beat.

One of our favorite things to do in our down time outside of traveling the surrounding islands was enjoying kayak and snorkeling rentals from the dive shop. I am a certified and frequently practicing SCUBA diver and their dive shop met every one of my high expectations. Snorkeling and enjoying the crystal blue waters of some of the most beautiful beaches in the world is a high priority while visiting the islands and their rentals are in far better quality and in the best price range compared to anything else we've come across on the islands.

As frequent travelers for both work and pleasure, visiting combined dozens of countries around the world I'm happy to say our trip so far has exceeded our expectations and we are both looking forward to the rest of our week here in the Virgin Islands.

Cheers!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jessica B
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Sounds like an incredible stay! Secret Harbour Beach Resort is the perfect place to relax, unwind, enjoy and rejuvenate… We are thrilled that although you have traveled around the globe, we made a highlight on your travel destinations. Until your departure, let the Perfect Tropical Get A Way continue!

Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
#1 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,389 reviews

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!