“Amazing beach! Decent Lodging”

Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just got back from St. Thomas. I am glad we went with Secret Harbour, even though there were a few kinks. The ocean view rooms definitely have a beautiful view, but I have to say that the walk is a killer, especially for someone who has foot problems. Luckily for us, we did have a car, so my husband was able to drive me back and forth. The first room we had didn't have functioning air conditioning, but the front desk was able to move us into a new room right away. I highly recommend checking the room before you commit, as the first room also was outdated, and the second one was much better. Now for the restaurant: We went to the Cruzan beach club. It was decent, but a bit overpriced. Nothing to write home about. The beach is the main attraction. We went to several spots on the island, but our beach was by far the best. The harbor is calm, few rocks, and is perfect for families with kids. We went snorkeling several times and had a blast seeing lobsters, eels, and even a spotted eagle ray! When you're here, you definitely need a car. You should definitely get your supplies at the grocery store and cook some meals in order to save a bit of money, as St. Thomas is quite an expensive island. I wouldn't hesitate to come back, but would definitely do a beachfront room the next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dainaf
There are newer reviews for Secret Harbour Beach Resort

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed there twice in one week, one night for each visit, and everything was excellent. We had 6 people in our group and the large ocean view suite was perfect: plenty of hot water, large towels and a very powerful a/c system.

We had breakfast.lunch/dinner at all of their various facilities and every meal was wonderful. Good service with fine dining at every evening meal.

We arrived early and room was not ready. So, they gave us beach towels, a place to change and advised when our room was ready. We would highly recommend this hotel for a family!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CTsailor
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm a beach bum at heart. One day I got my cousin and we went beach hopping. We came to Secret Harbour first then went vessup and last Linquist beach. The day was fabulous. This beach is wonderful. It's clear and you don't even need snorkel gear to see the fish frolic amgosnt the you. Many cruise ship visitors come here to enjoy their stay on the island and the visitors of the hotel also enjoy the beach. The beach is also open to the public residents of the island. It's located in his Redhook area and may be difficult to find, but once you get there it is beautiful and you will have an awesome time. Who doesn't have a great time at the beach!!!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nia H
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just returned from about 6 days at this resort. It was pleasant, but lacked some things that would have made it really nice.

Location: Isolated area, but still had plenty of tourists from the cruise ships. On any given day there were 10-15 guests, but also 20-30 visitors on the 150 yard beach line. No grocery store or restaurants (other than the cafe/restaurant on premises) within walking distance. At least there was a dive shop on site. Note there are rocks/cliffs on either side of the beach line, so you can't walk very far along the water.

Room: Excellent! I had a full one bedroom apartment with kitchen. It was fully equipped and as large as my apartment back home.

Service: Mediocre to poor. The check-in staff was friendly, but the grounds crew and housekeeping were not. It seemed like they just ignored you. I'm certain my housekeeper waited outside my room every day hoping I would walk by so that she could ask me if I needed service. Not wanting to sound like a slob, I always said 'no'. I thought it was inappropriate for her to ask.

Beach: Very pretty. Abundant snorkeling opportunities here, though it's all dead reef. Plenty of colorful fishies to swim with, though!

Restaurants: This isn't part of the resort (technically), but it's right on the property. Food was good. Service was hit or miss. Prices were very reasonable. Happy hour was great.

All in all, this was an average place. There are certainly much better places in the Caribbean (depending on what you're looking for). I'm not entirely sure why this is a boutique hotel since there is nothing 'quirky' about it and it isn't small.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room in building 2 to be closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TBDWorldTraveler
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We got married here on the beach. Laysha Powers did a good job coordinating everything and keeping us informed. Even though it rained 2 hours straight before the service she made it all work. The hotel was fabulous. Very quiet with a great calm cove for snorkeling. All the staff is friendly and helpful. Loved the place. Just make sure you rent a car to get around. We will come back!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Secret Harbour is paradise! We stayed for 6 days recently for our son's wedding. Our ocean view suite had an amazing view of both the pool and that brilliantly blue Caribbean Ocean. The room was very spacious and very comfortable. We also visited 6 or 7 other rooms that our family and friends were staying in and all were just beautiful - each had it's own style and personality. The grounds are well groomed and the entire staff was very accommodating. The food and service at the Cruzan Beach Club and the Sunset Grille was outstanding! The beach is calm and clear and the snorkeling just off the shore was awesome. I would like to thank the entire staff for making our first trip to St. Thomas so amazing...we will return!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelli H
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came to St. Thomas to attend our friends' wedding and were blown away by the perfection of this resort. Upon check-in, we were greeted with fresh made rum punch and given a personal tour of the facility and our amazing room by Andre, easily my favorite hotel employee EVER! First off, I was expecting a standard room. We were shocked with a living room, dining area, full kitchen, bedroom with a king-sized bed and an absolutely breath taking view. We weren't the only ones staying here for our friends' wedding; there was easily 40 of us. Secret Harbour accommodated everyone perfectly- not a one complained about their room or the hotel. We dined daily at the outdoor bar and ate them out of stock of their delectable bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. The service was always beyond friendly, even if a little slow at times. Any time we encountered a wait though, the food was well worth it. We dined at the main restaurant only once, but it too was amazing. The service was polite and professional and the food was spectacular. Our only regret is enjoying the resort too much as we didn't explore much of the area beyond its property. The on-site dive shop offers great deals and has an awesome divemaster, Tiffany, who took great care of me and the fellow divers while showing us some really cool spots. I highly recommend this resort to families, couples, friends- anyone looking for a great getaway!

Room Tip: Ask for the 6 or 7 buildings for the best view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steffanie420
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#1 of 1 in South Coast
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!