“Great place”

Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We got married here on the beach. Laysha Powers did a good job coordinating everything and keeping us informed. Even though it rained 2 hours straight before the service she made it all work. The hotel was fabulous. Very quiet with a great calm cove for snorkeling. All the staff is friendly and helpful. Loved the place. Just make sure you rent a car to get around. We will come back!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Secret Harbour is paradise! We stayed for 6 days recently for our son's wedding. Our ocean view suite had an amazing view of both the pool and that brilliantly blue Caribbean Ocean. The room was very spacious and very comfortable. We also visited 6 or 7 other rooms that our family and friends were staying in and all were just beautiful - each had it's own style and personality. The grounds are well groomed and the entire staff was very accommodating. The food and service at the Cruzan Beach Club and the Sunset Grille was outstanding! The beach is calm and clear and the snorkeling just off the shore was awesome. I would like to thank the entire staff for making our first trip to St. Thomas so amazing...we will return!!

1  Thank Shelli H
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came to St. Thomas to attend our friends' wedding and were blown away by the perfection of this resort. Upon check-in, we were greeted with fresh made rum punch and given a personal tour of the facility and our amazing room by Andre, easily my favorite hotel employee EVER! First off, I was expecting a standard room. We were shocked with a living room, dining area, full kitchen, bedroom with a king-sized bed and an absolutely breath taking view. We weren't the only ones staying here for our friends' wedding; there was easily 40 of us. Secret Harbour accommodated everyone perfectly- not a one complained about their room or the hotel. We dined daily at the outdoor bar and ate them out of stock of their delectable bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. The service was always beyond friendly, even if a little slow at times. Any time we encountered a wait though, the food was well worth it. We dined at the main restaurant only once, but it too was amazing. The service was polite and professional and the food was spectacular. Our only regret is enjoying the resort too much as we didn't explore much of the area beyond its property. The on-site dive shop offers great deals and has an awesome divemaster, Tiffany, who took great care of me and the fellow divers while showing us some really cool spots. I highly recommend this resort to families, couples, friends- anyone looking for a great getaway!

Room Tip: Ask for the 6 or 7 buildings for the best view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steffanie420
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We rented a two bedroom condo unit with Secret Harbor. We were very pleased with the unit, the service and the friendly staff. Margaret in the main office is wonderful. Thank you Secret Harbor for wonderful memories.

The White Familu

2  Thank white015
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have to start by saying that the location is generally fantastic, right on a beautiful beach (although the beach is pretty small), charming outdoor eating and bar area, and very nice condos. Overall I was very pleased with the property itself. However, having said that, a few side notes that I wish I had known before going: 1) The staff were not friendly. I harbor no neo-colonial desire for people to act servile towards me, but I was surprised to find that most of the people i interacted with wouldn't even return my smiles. I felt that they were quite abrupt and cold in their dealings with me. 2) Unless you have rented a car, you are pretty much stranded at the resort- you can't walk elsewhere, so you are stuck with cabs all day, which are expensive! 3) Not a huge range of food at the restaurant. We only stayed for 6 days, but halfway through I was already eating the same things over and over. And the grocery store is crazy expensive!
Again, overall, beautiful place, but next time I go to the Caribbean I will return to the DR or Mexico, somewhere less over-priced and constricted, and where I have previously had a very easy time talking to locals.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liliana1229
Reviewed July 1, 2013

my husband and i had the joy of staying at the secret harbor resort from june 20-27, 2013. being off season and prior to the end of the school year, it was the perfect week. we chose the oceanview condo on the hill.the view was great, it was quiet, and very near the pool which i enjoyed everyday, mostly totally by myself. i do have to remind you though if steps are a concern for you, oceanfront would be a better option. we liked burning the calories on the steps., my husband said the snorkeling was great. we enjoyed the bar and both restaurants very much. i thought they were reasonably priced considering the location.i had to tease my husband who passed up beer for a"girlie" tropical painkiller cocktail a few times! i loved the tropical cocktails also. the front desk staff, stephanie and the rest were efficient, friendly and courteous. housekeeping staff also did a great job.the tropical gardens were kept looking lovely by the hard working staff. so all in all, no complaints. i would definitely recommend the secret harbor and hope to return again in the future.

2  Thank aowens_13
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent a week staying in a lovely oceanside condo at the Secret Harbour Beach resort and my only problem was getting lost on the way there! The condo we stayed in was modern and spacious with a great deck overlooking the beach. The beach at Secret Harbour is amazing, there are numerous cabanas and hammocks and all sorts of ocean life if you like to snorkel. We ate at the restaurant one night which was first class and at the bar another night while watching a Bruins game. Drinks were very reasonably priced for a Carribean resort with dark and stormies costing only $6 bucks. The service was also extremely good, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Overall a definite 5 star experience and one I would be extremely happy to return to.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the ocean side, well worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#1 of 1 in South Coast
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!