We stayed at a beachfront 1-bedroom condo in building#3 - great view, comfortable accommodations with deck view of harbour, but - and this is my fault for not complaining right away to management - the shower only delivered cool water during most of our brief stay. We were too busy having fun to go register a complaint! (and the water heater was replaced the day after I complained). Secret Harbour's grounds are lovely and well maintained, service is great, there was none of the beach chair reservation issue I've seen at other resorts, the food in the restaurant was exceptional (although a bit pricey) and the bar food is good too. The full kitchen in the beach front condo allowed us to balance this by eating some meals in. And there is good (not great) snorkeling right off the beach.
(1) Bring or buy some bug repellant - I have extremely itchy bites all over from the no-see-ums.
(2) After pricing this resort as a package (airfare+room) I then compared buying airfare from airline and calling Secret Harbour directly for a room price - and I got a much better deal this way (saved almost $500). Maybe this was because we traveled in early December when there are fewer travelers (so better deals) but the comparison is probably worth your time.
(3) Do your own arithmetic about rental cars vs. cabs. We took cabs the few times we wanted to go to Red Hook (for shopping, for dinner, to take the ferry to BVI) because our vacation was more about chilling out at a lovely place than driving around. If we'd rented a car for the week, we would have spent +$300 instead we spent less than half that (about $130) in cab fares - IMO a better way to support the local economy.
(4) We purchased some food at the Marina Market in Red Hook - for selection/price we should probably have gone to Food Center instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands