I discovered Secret Harbour after investigating options on St. Thomas for a quiet, safe solo- getaway location to recharge and do some snorkeling. I was able to find all of that plus much more at this awesome resort. I went in October 2011 by myself and loved it so much I decided I needed to "recharge" myself again in January. I found all staff to be extremely friendly and helpful...front office, housekeeping, waitstaff at the restaurant, dive shop and beach attendants. I stayed in beachfront studio units on both visits and found them to be clean and well maintained. I never felt unsafe as a solo traveler. Excellent sunset views sitting on the patio each evening. Amazing snorkeling right off the beach that works well for beginner or more experienced levels. I saw turtles, stingrays, reef squid and a large variety of tropical fish in general. You don't have to swim much past waist-deep water for a great experience. Restaurant on-site was adequate or a 5 minute taxi ride to Red Hook offers a great variety of other dining choices. I preferred to watch my spending so I took a taxi to nearby Marina Market in October and Food Center in January to stock up on breakfast and lunch items. The fully stocked kitchens in the resort units makes it easy to prepare meals there if you wish. I went there both times with plans to leave the resort as little as possible and, because they had everything I needed to relax there, I didn't feel the need to search elsewhere. I highly recommend booking a trip on the sailboat "Jester" with Captain Jim. The boat is anchored right off the beach and a 4-hour sail can be booked at the dive shop. With just 5 of us on the boat (the max he takes is 6), it was a very relaxing sail to Christmas Cove at St. James to swim and snorkel. Captain Jim has a wealth of information on the area and was very friendly and entertaining. I'm returning to Secret Harbour in June with 3 friends and can't wait to introduce them to paradise!!
The only "negative" was the onslaught of cruise ship passengers visiting the beach in January, but in talking to the management it seems they are working on the issue so guests of the resort will not be negatively affected in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is currently closed due to hurricane Irma Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands