Rhoda's Guest House and Tillett Hostel
$145
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$231
$224
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$174
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$290
$215
No availability for your dates from our partners
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
Orbitz.com
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
  • Pool
All reviewssafari taxitillett gardensrhoda's guest houselaid backclean sheetsafter darkplace to stayvisit stcommunal kitchenlocal artistsbeachesislandthomasjewelrycatsjohn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my second time staying at Rhoda's, and though I had amazing experience last year, this time around was even better! Abigail and Eric are incredibly friendly and care deeply about the guests. Whenever they weren't busy they would hang out with us and get to know us. The rooms are great and comfy, and there is new computer set up, a TV with netflix, and an honor bar! The kitchen also has complimentary pancake mix, which we cooked up and had a delicious meal with. The bar at Bistro 4560 is in the gardens and is always full of friendly and colorful characters to hang out and share a few rounds with. All the rest of the guests staying there were friendly as well, we ended up going out to the bars in Red Hook with people we met at Rhoda's. Overall, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in St Thomas! Best value, best amenities, great location, but most of all, I cant wait to come back soon and see my friends Abigail, Eric, Whitney, and the rest of the awesome people who inhabit Tillett Gardens!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Xavier P
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have never stayed in a hostel before but Rhodas has become my home away from home. The house is clean, the manager is friendly and it is located close to transportation. Its setting is a small artists community with a candle maker, bakery, pottery studio, glass maker, yoga studio, chiropractor, theater, vintage shop, bead artist, and the newest addition, a vegan restaurant. In the house I met nice and quirky characters from all over the world, felt safe and came back to find my things as I had left them. And its inexpensive!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Taitu1
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I only stayed for one night before a boat charter, but I had a great experience. Abigail and Chelsea were very friendly, and even met me when I arrived at 1am. I got to stay in a private room which had a nice double/queen bed and attached bathroom. It was a little loud because there was a large group staying that same night and the room was right off the common area/living room, but it wasn't too loud and I brought earplugs. :) They had lots of snacks and drinks to buy and a few that were leftover from prior guests which was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mariah S
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Customer service is top notch. Abigail kept in touch with me from my first inquiry until we arrived. She is a wealth of information about the island. The guest house is clean and everyone who stayed there when we were there was friendly. Our room was great. The courtyard is beautiful and it was fun visiting the shops. Be sure and eat at Snow Whites, her food is great.

Room Tip: We choose the room with our own bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grandmabeulah
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I usually don't write reviews on hostels or guest houses but Rhoda's is amazing as you can see by all the other comments. After emailing Abby about staying, she gave me great directions and her personal cell phone to call for any questions. Upon arrival, I found all my questions about the islands were answered in a home made book that Abby put together. The kitchen has free food and coffee that people have donated as well as cooking supplies. The common area has a TV, cards, tons of books, and great info about activities. Since I was traveling alone, it was a great place to meet up with other travels and explore the island together. Abigail is what really brings the hostel together. She has suggestions about everything island related and is simply an awesome person. When my flights were cancelled, Abby told me to come back to Rhoda's and they would make a spot for me to stay a few extra nights. You can tell that Abigail and Eric just want everyone to love the island as much as they do. Tillett Gardens is such a cool place with tiny shops, a bar right outside, and interesting history. If you are looking for an awesome hostel and to hang out with interesting people... this is your place! I will definitely be coming back next month to stay or even just hang out for a few days.

Room Tip: Get to know the other travelers by hanging out in the common areas!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo