“Service compliment”
Review of Villa Blanca Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tutu
Villa Blanca Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Tutu B&B and Inns
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Service compliment”
Reviewed June 8, 2007

I made a reservation at Villa Blanca which I had to cancel at the last minute due to a genuine family emergency. I was indisposed dealing with the crisis and my wife called Blanca. Even though we were well beyond the refund date, only days from our scheduled trip, Blanca generously refunded our full deposit.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank pug-owner

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 23, 2005

We recently spent a week at Villa Blanca in one of the "tree houses." It was inexpensive compared to the big resort hotels on the island. It was clean but rustic and we were quite comfortable in it. Blanca made it clear to me on the phone that the Villa was not a "fancy" hotel. The pool was dirty the first time we attempted to use it. We tried cleaning the leaves out of it ourselves, Blanca took note of that and for the rest of our stay the pool was clean. Continental breakfast was provided each morning (but not something small children will eat.) There was a kitchen and we purchased groceries from a local store which were very expensive. You must have a rental car if you want to get around. You must also realize that you are in the Caribbean and there is apparently no hurry to do anything except driving. The minute we pulled out onto the road people began blowing their horns behind us to make us go faster. The roads are not condusive to speeding. Villa Blanca is 700 feet up over the harbor and it's entrance is very difficult to get in and out of. Since we were out and about every day, the room was not a big issue for us as we didn't spend much time in it. The view was beautiful, especially at night, and our 4 year old grandson loved picking fruit off the trees and watching the small lizards running around. If we ever go back to the V.I. we would get off the plane in St. Thomas and immediately get on a ferry to St. John. I think the Villa is for sale, so maybe the new owners will make the needed updates and maintain it better. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to make it more accessible and less dangerous to get to.

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank Sailorsgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2005

After viewing this property's website and reading the reviews, I was hopeful that this small hotel would offer some nice personal touches to offset its lack of proximity to beaches or intown activities. I must say I was very disappointed. The owner is looking to sell the property and clearly has lost interest in the daily operation of the hotel. The facility did not provide a continental breakfast (as noted on their website) or 'bagels' (as noted on a previous review). The room was adequate, although the mattress showed considerable wear. In terms of the grounds, they need much love and attention. In addition, I would not recommend staying here unless you plan to rent a car; taking taxes and /or safari buses become quite costly and/or cumbersome after several days. The view of Charlotte Amalie was pleasant, although keep in mind that St Thomas is quite built-up. In closing, I would highly recommend taking the ferry to St John, and even consider staying on the island itself. I think you will find it offers a true tropical island experience.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Tutu hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2004

I've been to St Thomas several times, and Villa Blanca was a different experience from the big hotels. The rooms were basic but very clean, including the kitchenette, no bugs, and the bathrooms had no mold or mildew, which is a real accomplishment in the Caribbean. There are doors front and back, so the room was always cool. The staff was nice, but kind of kept to themselves (which is not to say they were unfriendly). The pool was small, but OK. The only problem (other than getting out of the driveway onto the highway) was that the water in the bathroom would sometimes just stop... But, hey, this is St Thomas! Nothing unusual about that... it just inspires one to be creative and conserve water (keep bottled water - one liter per person per "shower"). The most incredible thing about the Villa Blanca was the view from our balcony - the sunsets were spectacular.
This is not a luxury resort. It's small, family run, and a good price. As far as St Thomas is concerned... don't go there if you're in a hurry, or if you can't, to some degree, go with the flow. I've never had a bad experience there and I don't think it's because my standards are low. I think it's because I respect the difference between the US and the Caribbean.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2004

We stayed at Villa Blanca the last week of March 2004, upper level Honeymoon suite. The rooms were nice and clean, everything worked, although water pressure was very sporatic. The grounds and the pool really need some TLC.
The view from our room was amazing. Location is perfect for beachhopping. Not a place to lounge around the pool

5 Thank 2007tom
streamwood, Il
Reviewed March 24, 2004

We had a group of 7 seven stay at Villa Blanca last week, and the view is great, but the overall experience was average. While staying at several B & Bs in the past, this property is definitely more of a hotel than a B & B. From reading a review from an obviously outdted travel guide, there was no honor bar. It was destroyed about 5 years ago by a hurricane. Blanca was friendly, but not overly accomodating. The rooms were clean which is important to us. I was very annoyed that our room #10, had a door that often took 5 minutes to open, using a numeric lock key. There were bagels every morning hung on your door. While I proabably wouldn't stay there in the future, I am not planning to return to St, Thomas either.

5 Thank Dudeks
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2004

Our room was overall updated (tile floor, nice furniture) and clean.
Althought the honeymoon suite was supplied with a kitchenette, (complete with roaming ants) it was missing a coffee maker which they eventually provided. The bathrooms were small, the sink didn't have a stopper in the drain, and it ate a cap from a perfume bottle, both of which were eventually corrected. The water in the room was sporatic at best, showers were a real hoot especially when all soaped up and all of a sudden no water for five minutes. The metal shower drain had a spike in it's middle which had to be avoided with bare feet, which made things interesting especially during the mid-shower water outages. An ironing board was in the room but no iron, which was eventually provided. Lighting at night in the room was at best dim. The cable television had five channels (besides the island chatter). There was no lockbox in the room. There was no clock or radio in the room, and the wake up feature on the phone system did not work (and the phone was filthy). The Continental breakfast usually consisted of bagels in a basket hung on the door. The pool was clean, but the wood deck needed attention with some new paint and comfortable chairs (only 4 lounge chairs); a bar at the pool would have been nice. Beach towels could only be obtained at the front desk provided you could contact someone at the front desk. The view was great of the harbor. The staff was reluctantly accomodating, although Blanca possessed great insight about the island of St. Thomas and neighboring islands.

6 Thank MrSavvy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tutu
Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,196 reviews

Been to Villa Blanca Hotel? Share your experiences!