We were recommended the keleti resort, because we had to overnight in Tonga Tapu on our way to Haapai. After initial enquiries that relied to very promptly we booked all all out transfers were organised for us very efficiently. It's about a half hour drive from the airport. Initial impressions were that it was a little run down, but work is being done to improve things and we couldn't fault the service and friendly helpful staff.
The rooms were clean and tidy and the beds comfy.
The beach and outlying rocks are spectacular, with stacks of pancake rocks and busy blow holes, but just 5 minutes walk to the left takes you to a beautiful sandy beach and lagoon for swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keleti Resort is a tourist favorite and it is the closest get-away only 10 minutes from the capital, Nuku'alofa. We have private beaches, a great restaurant, a bar which is the best in the kingdom, as well as excellent accommodation consisting of fales and studios units, all offering expansive views of the Pacific Ocean. Come, relax and feel the sea breeze from the cliffs of Keleti Resort and be mesmerized by our natural beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Keleti International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keleti International Hotel Ha`Ateiho
- Keleti International Resort Tonga/Tongatapu Island